Dear Campus Community,
On the evening of March 23, Governor Inslee issued a “stay at home” order for Washington State. Evergreen is taking the following steps to comply with the order and minimize the impact of the virus on our community:
Further limiting the amount of people on campus
- Effective March 26, directives regarding essential on-campus job functions will be modified. Supervisors are providing this guidance directly to employees. This modification will be in place through midnight, April 6, 2020 unless otherwise directed.
- All key student services will now be offered online or via phone. Please visit the campus services website for updates.
- Students living on campus are receiving communications regularly and directly from Residential and Dining Services staff.
- We encourage students living off campus and visitors to stay at home in compliance with the Governor’s order.
Maintaining campus security
- To further secure campus facilities and help custodial staff, most buildings will be locked and only authorized personnel will have access. If you have questions about this, please talk directly with your supervisor.
- Evergreen Police Services remain available on campus 24-7.
Many employees have been working diligently to prepare a responsive curriculum and sustain important services
- Special thanks to our custodial staff, who have not stopped working and remain consistent and vigilant, ensuring cleanliness for all.
- Our faculty and staff remain dedicated to providing remote learning and services as we head into spring quarter. Information about spring curriculum is posted to the web.
Moving forward, this team will be communicating less frequently and as-needed. The college’s COVID-19 information site will remain the best source for updates.
We remain very aware of how challenging this time has been for many to navigate. Thank you for your resilience, perseverance, and empathy as we continue to support student learning and success and pivot some of the ways in which we do so. TAO is available as an online support resource for all, especially students, and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available for faculty and staff. Please take care of yourself and others.
COVID-19 Planning & Response Team