First Peoples Peer Support Program
Our Peer Navigators work in collaboration with full-time staff to assess student needs, provide advocacy, and support students.
First Peoples Multicultural, Trans & Queer Support Services is now hiring for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Peer Navigators are trained to provide personal and cultural support. We hold space and time for you to share what you need, including:
- Navigating coming out
- Managing educational microaggressions
- Finding media and resources to celebrate your identities
- Becoming a better advocate for yourself
- Addressing citizenship concerns
- Getting support and advocacy to meet your needs
- Celebrating victories and honors others might not understand
- Finding culturally-competent medical and mental health providers
- Honoring non-dominant holidays and traditions in community
- Peer Navigator
- Peer Navigator for Multicultural Events & Initiatives
- Peer Navigator for LGBTQ+ Events & Initiatives