28th Annual Students of Color Conference
“Radical Love Ignited” | Yakima, WA
Thursday April 12, 2018 – Saturday April 14, 2018
About the Students of Color Conference
Planned annually by the Washington State Multicultural Student Services Directors’ Council, the Students of Color Conference (SOCC) brings together Washington state college students to:
- explore their identities
- increase their awareness of others’ identities
- build skills to achieve their full potential
- advance their understanding of social justice and activism
- practice personal development
The goal of SOCC is to “support Washington State students to become more active proponents of their own education and life choices, and expand the opportunities and possibilities for students to become agents of change.”
The conference consists of three days of workshops, speakers, community, and fun.
Attendance of Evergreen students at SOCC is sponsored by Student Activities and First Peoples Multicultural Advising Services.
Application and Registration Information
- The conference is from Thursday, April 12 to Saturday, April 14 in Week 2 of Spring Quarter.
- The bus departs at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 12 from TESC. We will return to campus around 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 14.
- You must check with your program schedule and faculty to ensure you can attend.
- Only currently enrolled students may apply.
- If you are selected, there will be a fee of $25 to attend the conference. You will be required to submit this payment by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 6.