Online registration for admitted and current students for both Summer and Fall Quarters opens on Monday May 24, 2021. Check your My Evergreen account for your specific time ticket, if you are an admitted student.
Try Us Out: You can take MPA Classes Before Admission.
Monday July 26, is the first day of Second Session of Summer Quarter 2021.
- Eight credits is a full-time course load in the MPA program.
- MPA students may register for a maximum of 12 credits without the MPA Director's approval.
- Students in the Tribal Governance concentration register for 10 credits in Fall Quarter.
- Look for course offerings on the MPA Catalog page.
- Look for course syllabi on the MPA Course Syllabi page.
Tuition for courses for which you are registered is due by Friday at the end of the first week of the quarter: Friday, July 30 at 4 pm.
Registered students who do not pay for courses by this deadline will be charged a late payment fee of $50. After 30 days of nonpayment, interest charges will be added at 1% per month.
Paper registration (PDF) is required for late registration.
Late registration is permitted July 26 - July 30 with approval from your instructor or MPA staff. MPA staff may request a waiver of the $50 late registration fee, from Registration and Records.
Starting August 2, registration requires submission of a Registration Form with instructor approval, a petition to the Registrar (PDF), and a $100 late fee.
Non-Admitted Graduate and Undergraduate Students (Special Students)
You can "test drive" our program before committing to the entire degree. If you have a bachelor's degree you can take up to 8 MPA elective credits per quarter and up to 12 credits total will count toward your MPA degree if you are later admitted to the program.
Students who have not yet been admitted to the MPA program and are interested in trying it out this Summer or Fall, may register for open MPA electives and concentrations or be added to the wait list for full MPA electives with instructor permission, beginning Tuesday, June 1, 2021 as a "Special Student." Registration information for Washington State Employees interested in using an Employee Waiver can be found here.
Non-admitted students who already have a bachelor's degree may take MPA electives for graduate credit. You may take up to 8 MPA elective credits per quarter. If you decide to apply to our program, up to 12 credits total taken before the Fall of admission will count toward your MPA.
Beginning June 1, 2021:
- Non-Admitted Graduate Students: print, complete and submit the Special Student Registration Form (PDF) to the Evergreen Registration Office. (Address fax registration “Attn: Lori.”) After receiving the permission information and registration form, Registration will email you to let you know if there is space available in the course you're interested in and whether you may register.
- Current Evergreen Juniors and Seniors: print, complete and submit the Registration Form (PDF) to the Evergreen Registration Office. (Address fax registration “Attn: Lori.”)
If you have further questions about MPA Special Student (Non-Admitted) Registration, please contact Puanani Nihoa, MPA Assistant Director.
Phone: (360) 688-4780