Student teaching helps you earn vital experience for leading your own group of students by working with current teachers in their own classrooms.
Student Teaching Timeline
Fall Student Teaching
- Start your application process with Loren Petty (Field Experience Officer) in February, year one.
- Get placed and meeting with your mentor teacher before the end of the school year.
- Attend in-service days in August with your teacher.
- Teach for 10 weeks, finishing up around Thanksgiving.
- Complete and submit the edTPA for your endorsement area.
Spring Student Teaching
- Submit again in October, year two.
- Start spring teaching the week of year two, mid/late-March
- Take the spring break of the school district
- Teach for 10 weeks, finishing up in early June
Student Teaching Handbooks
The student teaching handbook is for you and your mentor teacher to understand the guidelines and process.