Apply to the MiT Program
Prepare to enter the Master in Teaching program and learn how your application is evaluated.
Due to the changing nature of COVID-19, please contact us to confirm current admissions requirements.
Applications for spring or summer 2021 open May 1. Priority reviews of applications will take place September 1. The application deadline is November 1.
We have two options available for students to apply to the MiT program, one for graduate level and another for undergraduate level students enrolled at Evergreen:
- Graduate Degree Option– this option is our traditional option for applying to enter into our program as a graduate level student.
- Undergraduate/Graduate Degree Combined Degree Option – Evergreen has moved forward with creating the option for graduate programs to provide an Undergraduate/Graduate Combined Degree option for current Evergreen undergraduate students. MiT is excited to be launching this option beginning next Spring!
How Your Materials Are Evaluated
We consider both qualitative and quantitative aspects of your application. Top applicants will be invited for a group interview in October or December.
Qualities of a top applicant
- Interest in building relationships with students, families, and community mentors
- Commitment to a teaching career in a public K–12 setting
- Experience with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Interest in the intellectual and social development of young people
- Academic proficiency in all coursework related to their content area
- Recommended: A minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours (does not apply to Evergreen graduates)