You will develop and complete your thesis over the course of your final year in MES.
- Fall: Develop your thesis design in Case Studies and Thesis Design, get matched to an advisor, and submit your thesis prospectus.
- Winter: Data collection and analysis. If your thesis concept requires data collection in a different season, talk to a core faculty as soon as you can!
- Spring: Summary of interpretation of results, public presentation, and final submission. Due on Friday of Week 10.
Before you can graduate, you must finish all 72 credits of the degree and complete and submit the thesis. Your reader must also submit their evaluation of your thesis.
Submitting Your Thesis
Read the MES Thesis Handbook below (current version, updated September 2022) for thesis submission process and thesis formatting details.
You will submit a single digital copy to the MES Office to be used in library circulation through the online archives. Your thesis should be submitted over email and your faculty reader will reply to the email with their written approval in substitution of an in-person signature you would typically collect for a printed copy. You can pay for additional print copies for your personal use.
- Timeline for MES Thesis 2022-2023 (Word Document)
- Thesis Prospectus 2022-2023 (Word Document)
- Thesis Mini-Prospectus 2022-2023 (Word Document)
- Human Subjects Review
- Request to Present Thesis (PDF)
- Request to Extend Thesis (PDF)
- Thesis Formatting Template (Word Document)
- Thesis Funding
- Thesis Formatting Step-by-step Instructions (Word)