Media Loan supports instructional media integration across the curriculum by instructing and circulating media equipment to all currently registered Students and employed Faculty and Staff.
COVID-19-related policy changes
Media Loan staff will be working remotely until further notice. To reach us, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses may be delayed due to remote operations.
All media labs are closed until further notice.
Media Services staff are available to help students with remote consultation and instruction. Requests can be made using the Media Services Remote Consultation & Instruction Request Form.
For faculty interested in instructional media workshops for their programs, please review the Instructional Media Workshop Guidelines. Requests can be submitted with the Remote Media Workshop Request Form.
Please note that curricular priority of equipment usage from Media Loan is being assessed by the Deans and Media Services staff.
We offer equipment kits on extended loans for approved programs. Access to equipment will be coordinated through faculty and ML staff.
Our normal loan policy (short loan periods/maximize access to equipment) is on hiatus. To maximize health and safety, we offer extended loan to a small number of students. The Library Dean has directed Media Loan to prioritize:
- Advanced media courses/programs (earlier requests carry more weight than later requests)
- Capstone media work (can include ILCs)
- Pathway media courses/programs
- Media across the curriculum (non-media-centric courses/programs/ILCs/capstones)
- Other student, faculty, and staff use
All ILCs must have Media Services approval in order to use Media Loan equipment. ILC students must email the email@example.com to coordinate equipment check out and return.
Our expert staff will address equipment hygiene. Please do not attempt to disinfect equipment yourself or send it through the mail.
Repeated no call, no show appointments may result in loss of access to equipment. Late fines may apply.
Equipment may be used for any credit-generating academic work or college business. Read our policies and Media Services equipment and resources use guidelines for detailed information.
- See the equipment catalog for a full listing.
- Visit our Help Wiki to read operating guides and download manuals.
To schedule a media facility, come to the Media Loan front desk in Library or call (360) 867-6253 to reserve. If you are a faculty requesting space for your academic programs make these requests using Schedule Evergreen.
How to Reserve & Checkout Equipment
- Visit Media Loan or call (360) 867-6253 to make a reservation.
- If the equipment requires a proficiency test, you'll need to schedule it in advance with Media Loan. It consists of a written component and an operation test. The operation test may take up to an hour, depending on the equipment.
- Pick up the equipment and check out at Media Loan. You'll need your valid Evergreen ID with a current term sticker.
- Equipment may be checked out for up to 3 days. You may be able to renew up to 3 times depending on the equipment and if it is available.
- Return the equipment to Media Loan. You can also return equipment to the Library circulation desk when Media Loan is closed.
For extended period beyond a week fill out an Extended Loan Request.
Instructional Media Support
Want to use media in your program, class, or course?
Do you need your employees to acquire a new media skill to meet your area's goals?
- Schedule a workshop or contact Ashley Williams, the Instructional Media Coordinator, to see how media can meet your learning goals.
- Set up an institutional account to check out equipment and authorize program aides to check out equipment for you.
- Request workshop spaces through Schedule Evergreen.
Return equipment on time so other students can use it. As an extra incentive, Media Loan charges late fines to encourage prompt return. Avoid late fines by returning or renewing equipment before it comes due. Need more incentive? Learn how late fines are assessed and what happens when you keep stuff WAY overdue.
Late returning Media Loan equipment? Appeal your late fine online.