Media Loan supports instructional media integration across the curriculum by instructing and circulating media equipment to all currently registered Students and employed Faculty and Staff.
Media Loan borrowing for Summer 2020
Media Loan is working directly with faculty to coordinate equipment for summer programs. Equipment will be distributed by appointment only. In advance of your appointment, instructions will be sent to all borrowers on how to pick up or return equipment while observing health and safety procedures. Students must complete the Health Verification Form prior to coming to campus to pick up or return equipment.
Equipment will be checked out for the duration of the quarter with returns scheduled for the final week of the quarter. All media equipment must be returned before summer quarter ends, so that it can be quarantined, cleaned, inventoried and repaired as needed prior to the beginning of fall quarter. Our expert staff will address equipment hygiene. Please do not attempt to disinfect equipment yourself or send it through the mail.
Borrowers are 100% responsible for the replacement value of any lost or damaged loaned equipment. If students are unable to pick up or return equipment on their scheduled day and time they must call in advance to make other arrangements. Late fines may apply.
Equipment may be used for any credit-generating academic work or college business. Read our policies and Media Services equipment and resources use guidelines for detailed information.
- See the equipment catalog for a full listing.
- Visit our Help Wiki to read operating guides and download manuals.
To schedule a media facility, come to the Media Loan front desk in Library or call (360) 867-6253 to reserve. If you are a faculty requesting space for your academic programs make these requests using Schedule Evergreen.
How to Reserve & Checkout Equipment
- Visit Media Loan or call (360) 867-6253 to make a reservation.
- If the equipment requires a proficiency test, you'll need to schedule it in advance with Media Loan. It consists of a written component and an operation test. The operation test may take up to an hour, depending on the equipment.
- Pick up the equipment and check out at Media Loan. You'll need your valid Evergreen ID with a current term sticker.
- Equipment may be checked out for up to 3 days. You may be able to renew up to 3 times depending on the equipment and if it is available.
- Return the equipment to Media Loan. You can also return equipment to the Library circulation desk when Media Loan is closed.
For extended period beyond a week fill out an Extended Loan Request.
Instructional Media Support
Want to use media in your program, class, or course?
Do you need your employees to acquire a new media skill to meet your area's goals?
- Schedule a workshop or contact Ashley Williams, the Instructional Media Coordinator, to see how media can meet your learning goals.
- Set up an institutional account to check out equipment and authorize program aides to check out equipment for you.
- Request workshop spaces through Schedule Evergreen.
Return equipment on time so other students can use it. As an extra incentive, Media Loan charges late fines to encourage prompt return. Avoid late fines by returning or renewing equipment before it comes due. Need more incentive? Learn how late fines are assessed and what happens when you keep stuff WAY overdue.
Late returning Media Loan equipment? Appeal your late fine online.