Placing an item on reserve:
- Items must be brought to the Circulation Desk by faculty or a designated class aide.
- You will find Reserve Forms at the Circulation Desk, which should be filled out in full when submitting items.
- Reserve items are processed with security tape, barcode, and labels and are added to the library catalog.
- Please allow 24 hours for processing Mon-Thurs, except for the first two weeks of each quarter when more time may be needed. Items received after 3 p.m. on Fridays may not be processed until Monday.
- Reserve lists are processed in the order we receive them. We will try our best to accommodate emergency requests.
- Each program or contract is limited to a total of twenty-five (25) physical items, for two reasons: because of space limitations, and to make sure that no section of our collection is removed from circulation. Also, to comply with fair use guidelines, there is a limit of two physical copies of any particular title.
OPEN RESERVE: Items owned by the Evergreen Library must be placed in this collection. These items are available for 24 hour check out. They are charged $5 a day for each day overdue, until the fourth day when they are considered lost and charged a full $67 replacement fee.
CLOSED RESERVE: Only personally owned items may be placed in this collection. Students check out Closed Reserve items for in-library-use only.
SCANNING: All scanned items are limited to 15% of the entire work (up to 25 pages maximum - see the Copy Center for jobs larger than 25 pages). Scans are accessible via class Canvas sites.
Items that CANNOT be placed on reserve:
- Summit Items
- Interlibrary Loan Items
- Photocopies of Entire Books
- Compilations and Course Packets
- Reproductions of VHS or DVDs
In accordance with copyright law (Title 17 US Code), please make certain that all materials are used in accordance with "fair use" agreements.
The following are specifically prohibited by copyright guidelines:
- Copying/Scanning used to create, replace, or substitute for anthologies, compilations, or collective works
- Copying/Scanning of "consumable materials" (i.e., workbook, exercises and standardized tests)
- Copying/Scanning used to substitute for the purchase of books, periodicals or publisher reprints
For more information about copyright and fair use, please see our copyright page.
When items are removed from the Reserve shelves at the end of the designated quarter, you will be notified by email and may retrieve the items at the Circulation Desk.
Thank you for your cooperation. Please contact Jena Rosen via email or call ext. 6580 if you have any questions or comments.