Research Services Associate
The Daniel J. Evans Library at The Evergreen State College is seeking a candidate for a full-time, temporary position running April through June.
This position will be primarily responsible for providing support to students, faculty, and staff at the library’s research services desk. Other duties, including special projects, will depend on the expertise and interests of the successful candidate.
- Provide substantive expertise and faculty support in the selection, use of, and access to the Reference collections in all formats, including paper, electronic, multi-media, and micro.
- Provide public research service by performing bibliographic and reference searches in support of library patrons, including answering reference questions and teaching research techniques.
- Receive patron inquiries and comments submitted via web forms and convey these to the appropriate librarian.
- Manage requests for library classroom spaces and library event spaces, schedule rooms, and direct student workers to inspect and prep rooms.
- Compile data, report, or survey for statistics in library public service and reference use.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Ability to perform various library duties with independent judgement and action.
- Ability to work in a team environment, including the ability to establish effective cooperative relationships with those contacted in work.
- Significant knowledge of and skill with the library reference interview, college research techniques, and public service.
- Skill and ability in researching, data collection/analysis, and reporting.
- Possess excellent communication and public service skills, including the ability to analyze situations correctly.
As this is a three-month temporary position, we are willing to entertain some flexibility around schedule and experience.
The position is open until filled. Applications will be considered as they arrive with the hope to hire someone beginning April 1 if at all possible.
Interested applicants should email a current resume or CV and a brief letter of interest to: Ahniwa Ferrari, Associate Dean of Library Operations, at email@example.com.