You can also search ejournals in the library catalog.
Search for Journals, Databases, and Online Resources
|ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry|
- Full-text. Trade, Industry-focused information. Includes journal articles, market reports, industry reports and news.
|Abyz News Links Newspapers, News Media, and News Sources: Index|
- Full text. A portal to online news sources from around the world, primarily composed of newspapers. Full-text availability and depth of indexing varies from source to source.
|Academic Search Complete|
- Mostly full text. More than 5500 full-text journals, with another 9500 indexed and abstracted.
- Full Text. The portal for Washington state government information and services. Includes links to county, city, and town government websites.
|accessCeramics: A contemporary Ceramics Image Resource|
- Images. A growing collection of contemporary ceramics images by recognized artists.
- Full text. AccessScience is an authoritative and dynamic online resource that contains incisively written, high-quality reference material that covers all major scientific disciplines. Access more than 8500 articles and Research Reviews covering all major scientific disciplines and encompassing the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Yearbook of Science and Technology. Find 115,000-PLUS definitions from the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms.
|ACLS Humanities E-Book Collection|
- Full text. ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) is an online collection of approximately 3,700 books of high quality in the humanities.
- Full text. Full-text for over 30 journals, beginning with 1996.
|ACS Style Guide Online|
- Full text. The ACS Style Guide is an established and definitive source within and beyond the chemistry community.
- Index. Indexing of books, journals and online resources. Most indexing is for materials from 1970 on, but it also includes materials as far back as the 15th century.
- Full-text. Multidisciplinary. Alt-PressWatch is a full text database of the newspapers, magazines and journals from alternative and independent presses.
|Alternative Press Index|
- Index. Indexes over 250 alternative, radical, leftist journals. You won't find 90% of them indexed anywhere else. Indexing begins with 1991.
|America, History & Life|
- Index. Indexes over 2000 journals, starting in 1964.
|American Indian Experience|
- Full-text. This is a full-text digital resource exploring the histories and contemporary cultures of the indigenous peoples of the United States.
|American Antiquarian Society Historical Periodicals Collection|
- Full-text. Digital access to a comprehensive collection of American periodicals published between 1684 and 1912, documenting the life of America's people from the Colonial Era through the Civil War and Reconstruction.
|American Indians of the Pacific Northwest|
(University of Washington) - Full text. The digital databases includes over 2,300 original photographs as well as over 1,500 pages from the Annual Reports of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs to the Secretary of the Interior from 1851 to 1908 and six Indian treaties negotiated in 1855. Secondary sources include 89 articles from the Pacific Northwest Quarterly and 23 University of Washington publications in Anthropology.
|American Memory: Historical Collections for the National Digital Library|
- Images. American Memory provides free and open access through the Internet to written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music that document the American experience.
|American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) Research Library OPAC|
- Full Text. AMNH scientific publications disseminate the results of laboratory investigations and fieldwork conducted by museum scientists and their colleagues.
|American Psychological Association (APA) Format|
- Citation & Style Guide.
|Anthropological Index Online|
- Index. Indexing goes back as far as 1957. Journals indexed are based on the collection of the British Museum.
- Index. Access to nearly a million descriptions of archival collections from around the world. Use for searching historical documents, personal papers and family histories.
|Art Institute of Chicago|
- Images. The collection encompasses more than 5,000 years of human expression from cultures around the world.
|Art Full Text|
- Mostly full-text. Offers both full-text and indexing of an international array of peer-selected publications-now with expanded coverage of Latin American, Canadian, Asian and non-Western art, new artists, contemporary art, exhibition reviews, and feminist criticism.
|Artcyclopedia: the Fine Art Search Engine|
- Images. A comprehensive index of every artist represented at hundreds of museum sites, image archives, and other online resources. We have started out by covering the biggest and best sites around, and have links for most well-known artists to keep you surfing for hours. Update September/2004: We have now indexed 1800 art sites, and offer over 60,000 links to an estimated 150,000 artworks by 8,100 renowned artists.
- Index. Indexes over 12,000 journals, going back to 1990.
- Images. ARTstor is a digital library that offers coherent collections of art images and descriptive information as well as the software tools to enable active use of the collections. The ARTstor Library's initial content includes approximately 500,000 images covering art, architecture and archeology. PLEASE NOTE: From off-campus, you will need to log into an account created from campus to remove the "examination copy" watermark.
|Biodiversity Heritage Library|
- Full text. The Biodiversity Heritage Library works collaboratively to make biodiversity literature openly available to the world as part of a global biodiversity community.
- Full text. Over 100 Open Access journals covering all areas of Biology, Medicine, Mathematics, and more.
- Full text. Both full-text and indexing for about over 100 high-impact bioscience journals, beginning in 2000.
|Birds of North America|
- Full-text. Sounds & Images. This provides detailed scientific information for each of the 716 species of birds nesting in the USA and Canada.
|Black Abolitionist Archive|
- Full-text. The Black Abolitionist Digital Archive is a collection of over 800 speeches by antebellum blacks and approximately 1,000 editorials from the period. These important documents provide a portrait of black involvement in the anti-slavery movement; scans of these documents are provided as images and PDF files.
- Full text. An authoritative online resource for reliable content on sustainable design strategies, green building materials, and case studies of high performance buildings. PLEASE NOTE: This site can be trusted.
|Business Source Complete|
- Mostly Full-Text. This is the world's definitive scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full text content.
|Cambridge Dictionaries Online|
- Full text. Includes Cambridge's Learner's Dictionary, International Dictionary of English, and Dictionary of American English.
|Cambridge Scientific Abstracts Internet Database Service|
- Index. CSA's Internet Database Service provides access to major areas of research, including aquatic sciences and fisheries, philosophy, and linguistics. Databases launch on Proquest platform.
|Camio OCLC's Catalog of Art Museum Images Online|
- Images. A source of high-quality art images from around the world contributed and described by leading museums. Many of the images have additional views of the work, sound, video and curatorial notes.
|CAST: the Science for Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Issues|
- Full Text. CAST addresses issues of animal sciences, food sciences and agricultural technology, plant and soil sciences, and plant protection sciences with inputs from economists, social scientists, toxicologists or plant pathologists and entomologists, weed scientists, nematologists, and legal experts.
|Catalog of U.S. Government Publications|
- Index. Covers all types of U.S. government documents, including Congressional reports, hearings,debates, and records; judiciary materials; and documents issued by executive departments. Over a half million records.
|Chicago Manual of Style|
- Citation & Style Guide.
- Citation & Style Guide.
|Coast Salish Villages of Puget Sound|
- Images. Maps and images posted by Tom Daily provide known permanent village sites (c.1800) of the Coast Salish people who lived--and still live--in the Puget Sound area of Washington State.
|College Blue Book|
- Full text. A guide to thousands of 2- and 4-year schools in the U.S. and Canada. Covers the expected listings and detailed descriptions, degree programs offered, scholarships, and occupational education programs.
|Communication and Mass Media|
- Mostly Full text. Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences. Communication & Mass Media Complete, like Communication & Mass Media Index offers cover-to-cover ("core") indexing and abstracts for over 300 journals, and selected ("priority") coverage of over 100 more, for a combined coverage of over 400 titles. This database includes full text for nearly 200 journals.
|Comprehensive Renewable Energy|
- Full-text. Comprehensive Renewable Energy is the only multi-volume reference work of its type at a time when renewable energy sources are seen increasingly as realistic alternatives to fossil fuels.
|Concise Encyclopedia of Sociology|
- Full-text. This concise encyclopedia is the most complete international survey of sociology ever created in one volume. Contains over 800 entries from the whole breadth of the discipline.
|Consortium of Pacific Northwest Herbaria|
- Images, Datasets. This resources brings together regional herbaria and provides an online portal to the wealth of existing and emerging information about the flora of Pacific Northwest North America. Over 3.6 million specimen records and numerous online electronic resources are managed by the region's 60 herbaria, representing an irreplacable storehouse of information for research and public education.
|Cultural Encyclopedia of the Body|
- Full-text. Explores the human body alphabetically by part, detailing practices and beliefs from the past and present and from around the world.
- Full text. Reference. A source for concise and reliable cultural information on countries of the world. Country reports include perspective on daily life and culture, including background, customs, and life styles of the world's people.
- Full text. The World Bank's comprehensive set of data about development in countries around the globe.
|Dennis Kunkel's Microscopy|
- Images. The image gallery contains hundreds of micrographs of scientific, biological and medical subjects photographed with electron microscopes.
|Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online|
- Full text. Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online provides more than 16,000 biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of the world's most influential literary figures from all eras and genres. This literature resource includes the DLB main series, the DLB Documentary Series, and the DLB Yearbook Series - all delivered in an easy-to-use 24/7 online format that matches the exact look and feel of the print originals.
|Digital Collections from the Libraries' Special Collections (University of Washington)|
- Images. A major resource for rare and archival materials covering a broad range of topics, formats and periods.
|Directory of Open Access Journals|
- Full text. Full-text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals (1426) in all subjects and languages. There are 347 searchable journals at article level (62820 articles are included in the the DOAJ service).
|DPLA: Digital Public Library of America|
- Full text. Images. Streaming Media. The Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world. It strives to contain the full breadth of human expression, from the written word, to works of art and culture, to records of America’s heritage, to the efforts and data of science.
|Early Washington Maps|
- a Digital Collection - Images. A digitized collection of maps spanning three hundred years of exploration and settlement in the Pacific Northwest.
|Ebook Central Academic Complete|
- Full-text. Ebook Central is a full-text collection of e-books, drawn from a number of academic presses, of over 70,000 titles. The selection covers a full range of subjects. It is available 24/7. Books are not checked out on this database but are accessible by any number of people at the same time. Individual book titles can be found in the library catalog.
|Ebsco Ebook Collection|
- Full-text. Formerly known as Netlibrary.
- Some full-text. Search over a dozen Ebsco databases at once.
|Ebscohost: Social Sciences Full Text|
- Some full-text. Search 8 Ebsco databases at once: Business Source Complete, Communication & Mass Media, Environment Complete, Legal Collection, Military & Government Collection, Nation Digital Archive, Regional Business News, and SocIndex with Full Text.
|eDuke Scholarly Book Collection|
- Full-text. Access to Duke University Press books in the humanities and social sciences.
|eDuke Scholarly Journals|
- Full-text. The e-Duke Journals Scholarly Collections provide online access to Duke University Press journals in the humanities and social sciences, including GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian
|eLibrary Curriculum Edition|
- Full text. Reference. A large curriculum and reference resource delivering general reference collections of periodicals and digital media content designed for K-12 schools and libraries. Resources can be searched in correlation to state and national standards, including Common Core State Standards.
|Encyclopedia of Astronomy and Astrophysics Online|
- Full text. The most comprehensive reference on astronomy and astrophysics ever published. Comprising more than 2.5 million words, the Encyclopedia is a work of unprecedented scope and quality written by 800 of the world's leading names in astronomy and astrophysics.
|Encyclopedia of Life|
- Full-text. The Encyclopedia of Life (EOL) began in 2007 with the bold idea to provide "a webpage for every species." EOL brings together trusted information from resources across the world such as museums, learned societies, expert scientists, and others into one massive database and a single, easy-to-use online portal.
|Encyclopedia of Animal Behavior|
- Full-text. This comprehensive work covers not only the usual topics such as communication, learning, sexual selection, navigation, and the history of the field, but also emerging topics in cognition, animal welfare, conservation, and applications of animal behavior.
|Encyclopedia of Consciousness|
- Full text. Coverage encompasses a summary of major research and scientific thought regarding the nature of consciousness; the neural circuitry involved; how the brain, body, and world interact; and our understanding of subjective states.
|Encyclopedia of Death and the Human Experience|
- Full-text. Addresses traditional death and dying-related topics, focusing on the human experience. Includes the complex cultural beliefs and traditions and the institutionalized social rituals that surround dying and death, as well as the array of emotional responses relating to bereavement, grieving, and mourning.
|Encyclopedia of Ecology|
- Full text. This work contains contributions from international experts on a diverse array of topics related to ecology.
|Encyclopedia of Food Sciences and Nutrition|
- Full text. Provides comprehensive coverage of the fields of food science, food technology, and nutrition.
|Encyclopedia of Geology|
- Full text. This work covers all aspects of geology including earth history, earth materials, surface processes, regional geology, economic geology, engineering geology, petroleum geology, geochemical and mineral exploration, and the history of geology.
|Encyclopedia of Infant and Early Childhood Development|
- Full text. A reference work that provides a comprehensive entry point into all of the existing literature on child development from the fields of psychology, genetics, neuroscience, and sociology.
|Encyclopedia of Inland Waters|
- Full text. This work describes and explains all the basic features of the subject, from water chemistry and physics, to the biology of aquatic creatures and the complex function and balance of aquatic ecosystems of varying size and complexity.
|Encyclopedia of Journalism|
- Full-text. Covers all significant dimensions of journalism, including print, broadcast, and Internet journalism; U.S. and international perspectives; history; technology; legal issues and court cases; ownership; and economics.
|Encyclopedia of Soils in the Environment|
- Full text. This work encompasses the present knowledge of the world's variegated soils, their origins, properties, classification, and roles in the biosphere.
|Encyclopedia of Spectroscopy and Spectrometry|
- Full text. This work covers theory, methods, and applications for researchers, students, and professionals-combining proven techniques and new insights for comprehensive coverage of the field.
|Encyclopedia of Strikes in American History|
- Full-text. Covers strikes and lockouts from 1636-2008.
|Encyclopedia of Time|
- Full-text. Surveys the major facts, concepts, theories, and speculations that infuse the present understanding of time. Explores the contributions of scientists, philosophers, theologians, and creative artists from ancient times to the present.
|Enduring Legacy Native Case Studies|
(The Evergreen State College) - Full text. The mission of the Enduring Legacies Native Cases Initiative is to develop culturally relevant curriculum and teaching resources in the form of case studies on key issues in Indian Country.
|Energy Citations Database|
- Index. Indexing of bibliographic records covering scientific & technical information from the Department of Energy. Material covered includes books, conference papers, dissertations, journal articles, patents, and reports.
- Some full-text. This database offers deep coverage in applicable areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, renewable energy sources, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more.
- Some full text. Indexes over 2000 titles, dating back to 1966. This database includes nearly a million records.
- Some full text. Indexes over 2000 titles, dating back to 1966. This database includes nearly a million records.
|Essence of Line|
- Images. Drawn from the collections of The Baltimore Museum of Art and the Walters Art Museum, the drawings featured here form one of the nation's strongest and richest collections of French art from this period. The database also includes works from the Peabody Institute Art Collection of the Maryland State Archives.
- Full text. Over 200 full-text publications of ethnic minority and native press -- English and Spanish.
|Ethnologue: Languages of the World|
- Reference. An annual online reference publication that provides information and statistics on the 7099 living languages of the world.
|European Views of the Americas, 1493-1750|
- Index. This resource was created from the European Americana: A Chronological Guide to Works Printed In Europe, an authoritative bibliography that is well-known and respected by scholars worldwide. The database contains more than 32,000 entries and is a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
- Full-text. Covering a range of subjects including sports injuries, women's health, nutrition and midwifery.
- Full text. The gateway to statistics from over 100 U.S. Federal agencies.
|FEMA Photo Library|
- Images. The FEMA on line Photo Library contains more than 16,500 disaster related photographs made since 1989. The photographs are of Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Floods, Typhoons, Fires, Avalanches, Ice Storms, Blizzards, World Trade Center and Pentagon Terrorist Attacks, Earthquakes, and the Columbia Space Shuttle Disaster.
- Index. The official Washington State locator service for state and local government information.
|FindLaw - LawCrawler|
- Full text. FindLaw is the highest-trafficked legal Web site, providing the most comprehensive set of legal resources on the Internet for legal professionals, businesses, students and individuals. These resources include Web search utilities, cases and codes, legal news, an online career center, and community-oriented tools, such as a secure document management utility, mailing lists, message boards and free e-mail.
- Index. Gateway to all the OCLC databases available from Evergreen.
- Streaming media. A national preserve of hard-to-find documentary films about American folk or roots cultures.
|Foundation Directory Online|
Foundation Directory Online - Full text. Information about the nation's largest 10,000 foundations, plus a file with details about 400,000+ recent grants. NOTE: This resource is available for in-library use only. Ask a library staff person to help you sign in.
|FWS National Digital Library|
- Images. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's National Digital Library is a searchable collection of selected images, historical artifacts, audio clips, publications, and video and that are in the public domain.
|Gale Artemis : literary sources.|
- Full text. Artemis Literary Sources integrates full-text literary content with metadata and subject indexing and provides workflow tools to analyze information. You can research authors and their works, literary movements and genres. Search across your library's Literature databases to find full text of literary works, journal articles, literature criticism, reviews, biographical information and overviews.
|Gale Virtual Reference Library|
- Full-text. A selection of encyclopedias covering such subjects as business, history, literature and more.
- Full text. A full-text database of nearly 200 journals, plus booklets & pamphlets, proceedings, government & special reports. Some materials date back to 1970.
|Global Library of Women's Medicine|
- Full-text. A comprehensive reference to current clinical practice for clinicians and other medical professionals - constantly updated, fully referenced and peer reviewed.
|Global Legal Information Network|
- The Global Legal Information Catalog includes information about publications which reprint the laws and regulations of multiple jurisdictions on a particular legal topic. The purpose of the database is to provide additional identifying information about titles, beyond that which is provided in the Library's online catalog. The database works as an interface with the Library of Congress's online catalog and is searchable by jurisdiction, title, subject and keyword.
|Google Image Search|
- Images. The most comprehensive image search on the web.
- Full Text. GPO Access provides free public access to full-text, official Federal information; Federal information finding aids; and Federal products for sale.
- Index. A research database focusing on the relationship between human beings and the environment, with well-researched but accessible information on topics ranging from global warming to recycling to alternate fuel sources and beyond.
|Grove Encyclopedia of Classical Art & Architecture|
- Full Text. This database is one of the most current and comprehensive reference resource for the visual arts of the Classical period. It features an abundance of in-depth articles on this field of enduring importance-from biographies to thematic entries on architecture, ceramics, metalwork, mosaics, painting and sculpture.
- Mostly Full-text. This resource provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Coverage of nursing and allied health is particularly strong. This database includes the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
|Health Source: Consumer Edition|
- Mostly full-text. This resource provides access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines.
|Healthcare to Native Americans|
- Full text. The exhibit focuses on the administration of health care to Native American recipients by the United States Government. It examines the evolution of government responsibility and its transfer through the Departments of War, the Interior, and Health, Education, and Welfare, now the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Full text. HeinOnline is a large image based legal research collection and contains important political science information, legal history, journals, case law and government documents. It contains more than 130 million pages across more than 60 individual databases, all of which are fully searchable PDF copies of the original print publications.
|Helios: Photography Online|
- Images. The photography collection of the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- Full text. Sciences. A large archive of full-text scientific journals.
- Index. An annotated bibliographical database covering 2,000 journals. Covers history from 1450 to present, excluding the United States and Canada.
|Humanities Full Text|
- Mostly Full text. A full-text database of nearly 200 journals, dating back to 1995. It also indexes over 500 journals as far back as 1984. Coverage includes some of the most important journals in their fields.
|Images from the History of Medicine|
- Images. Provides access to nearly 70,000 images, including portraits, photographs, caricatures, genre scenes, posters, and graphic art illustrating the social and historical aspects of medicine dated from the 15th to 21st century.
|Index of Native American Resources - Virtual Library|
- Index. This site is constructed primarily to provide information resources to the Native American community and only secondarily to the general community.
|Index to Early American Periodicals|
- Index. More than 1,000 periodicals in three microfilm collections from 1741 to 1900, covering more than 150 years of American magazine journalism, American Periodicals is conveniently divided into three segments. Each covers a definite developmental phase in the history of our country, spanning approximately 50 years.
|Indian Affairs: laws and treaties|
– Full-text. This is an historically significant, seven volume compilation of U.S. treaties, laws and executive orders pertaining to Native American Indian tribes. The volumes cover U.S. Government treaties with Native Americans from 1778-1883 (Volume II) and U.S. laws and executive orders concerning Native Americans from 1871-1970 (Volumes I, III-VII).
|Indian Country Today|
- Full text. Indian Country Today is a full service media network, Indian Country Today Media Network, and weekly magazine.
|Indigenous Environment Network|
- Full text. IEN was formed by grassroots Indigenous peoples and individuals to address environmental and economic justice issues
|International Encyclopedia of Education|
- Full text. The wide coverage will appeal to both scholars and students inside and outside the discipline.
|International Encyclopedia of Revolution and Protest|
- Full-text. Covers the history of protest and revolution over the past 500 years. Provides scholars and teachers and students with the information needed to understand the role and significance and origin of protest and revolution from 1500 to the present.
|International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences|
- Full text. This Encyclopedia is the first attempt in a generation to map the social and behavioral sciences on a grand scale.
|International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences|
- Full-text. 1st Edition. Includes numerous entries on topics in social science research and practice.
|Internet Archive Movie Archive|
- Streaming Media. This library contains thousands of digital movies uploaded by Archive users which range from classic full-length films, to daily alternative news broadcasts, to cartoons and concerts. Many of these videos are available for free download.
- Full text. A comprehensive archive of important and core journals, dating back to the beginning of their publication. TESC has access to Arts & Sciences I-IV, VII, Life Sciences and Ireland.
- Streaming Media. Kanopy is a video streaming platform which offers a broad collection of 26,000 documentaries and full length features. Producers include BBC Active, Bullfrog films, California Newsreel, Criterion Collection/Janus films, Documentary Educational Resources, First Run Features, Green Planet Films, Media Education Foundation, National Film Board of Canada, New Day Films, PBS, Psychotheraphy.net, the DEFA Film Library’s (East) German Film Collection, and more.
|Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology|
- Full-text. Written by prominent scholars from industry, academia, and research institutions, the Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology presents a wide scope of articles on chemical substances - including their properties, manufacturing, and uses.
- Index. Provides access to a diversity of literature on the left, with an emphasis on scholarship inside and outside of the academy and on significant but little know sources.
- Full text. Containing full text for more than 300 of the world's most respected, scholarly law journals, this database is an authoritative source for information on current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world.
- Full text. LexisNexis Academic has migrated to a new platform called Nexis Uni.
|Library of American Civilization titles available free on the web|
- Full text. A list compiled by Terry Ballard of titles found in the micro-microfiche collection of the Library of American civilization, a collection of materials covering all aspects of American life and literature from their beginnings to the outbreak of World War I. Each title is linked to an online version of the piece.
|Library of Congress|
- Full-text. Includes digital collections covering American history, civil rights, film, maps, historic newspapers, sound recordings, manuscripts, prints and photographs.
|Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts|
- Index. LISTA indexes nearly 690 periodicals, plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more.
- Streaming Media. LibriVox volunteers record chapters of books in the public domain, and then the audio files are placed onto the net for free. All the audio is in the public domain, so you may use it for whatever purpose you wish.
|Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts|
- Index. This database assists both generalists and specialists in keeping abreast of cutting-edge developments in disciplines concerned with the nature and use of language. The database covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics. Complete coverage is also given to various fields of linguistics including descriptive, historical, comparative, theoretical and geographical linguistics.
|Listening to our Ancestors: The Art of Native Life Along the North Pacific Coast|
- Images. Eleven Native communities along the North Pacific Coast share their perspective on mnore than 400 ceremonial and everyday objects that connect them to their land, customs and ancestors.
|Macaulay Library / Cornell Lab or Ornithology|
- Streaming Media. The Macaulay Library is the world's largest and oldest scientific archive of biodiversity audio and video recordings.
|MapQuest: where to go, how to get there|
- Images. Street maps, driving directions, road trip planner, even Yellow Pages.
|MAS Ultra-School Edition|
- Some Full-text. This database designed specifically for high school libraries, contains full text for more than 500 popular, high school magazines.
- Mostly Full-text. This database contains full text for more than 1,750 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. Includes an image bank. Designed specifically for public libraries.
|Matchmaker: Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest|
- Full text with Images. Used for Pacific Northwest mushroom identification and information.
|Media History Film Library|
- Full text. The Media History Digital Library digitizes collections of classic media periodicals that belong in the public domain for full public access.
- Index. The index of the National Library of medicine, covering materials from 1965 to present.
- Index. The index of the National Library of medicine, covering materials from 1965 to present.
|Military and Government Collection|
- Mostly Full text. Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of these sites. Includes full text for nearly 350 journals and periodicals and offers indexing and abstracts for nearly 450 titles.
|MLA Directory of Periodicals|
Contains information about the journals and book series most likely to publish material related to language and literature. The data, collected by MLA staff members and a network of bibliographers, are sent biannually to the editors of the journals and series for verification. Data range from such information as when the publication began to the restrictions placed on contributors, languages in which the periodical's contents are published, peer-review status, editorial personnel, sponsoring organizations, and subjects covered.
|MLA International Bibliography|
- Index. MLA International Bibliography is a bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations. Produced by the Modern Language Association, the electronic version of the Bibliography dates back to 1926. Includes the MLA Directory of Periodicals.
|MLA International Bibliography - TEST DO NOT USE|
testing - should include both the MLA International Bibliography and the Index to Periodicals
|MLA: Bibliography, Style Guides, Teaching Modern Languages, Teaching English, Teaching Foreign Languages|
- Citation & Style Guide.
|NASA Image Exchange|
- Images. Provides a single entry point for performing searches for NASA photographs and images at multiple NASA Centers simultaneously.
|Nation Digital Archive|
- Full text. The Nation Digital Archive currently includes articles for all issues of The Nation published from 1865 on though full-text contents lags one month behind the current date. PLEASE NOTE: Click on "Subscriber Log-in" on the right-hand side of the screen.
|National Archives: researching American Indian and Alaska Natives|
– Full-text. Among the billions of historical records housed at the National Archives throughout the country, researchers can find information relating to American Indians from as early as 1774 through the mid 1990s. The National Archives preserves and makes available the documents created by Federal agencies in the course of their daily business.
|National Institute of Standards and Technology|
- Full-text. NIST measurements support the smallest of technologies—nanoscale devices so tiny that tens of thousands can fit on the end of a single human hair—to the largest and most complex of human-made creations, from earthquake-resistant skyscrapers to wide-body jetliners to global communication networks.
- Full text & Images.
|Native American Commission Claims Decisions|
- Full text. Covers volumes 1 - 43.
|Native American Cultural Site|
- Index. This website's goal is to facilitate communication among Native peoples and between Indians and non-Indians by providing access to home pages of Native American Nations and organizations, and to other sites that provide solid information about American Indians.
- Full text. This site explores the intersection between law, religion, and Native American traditions in historic and recent cases -- many of them pending -- where Native American communities have sought protection for "sacred" lands, practices, objects, and human remains that are arguably, if not solely or plainly, matters of religious freedom.
|NativeWeb News Digest|
- Full text. NativeWeb is an international, nonprofit, educational organization dedicated to using telecommunications including computer technology and the Internet to disseminate information from and about indigenous nations, peoples, and organizations around the world; to foster communication between native and non-native peoples; to conduct research involving indigenous peoples' usage of technology and the Internet; and to provide resources, mentoring, and services to facilitate indigenous peoples' use of this technology.
- Full-text. Access from 1997 to present.
|NCAT Sustainable Agriculture Project|
- Full-text. PLEASE NOTE: You will need to Sign In with these passwords: Username: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: evergreen There is a 10-users-at-a-time limit. The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) is a private nonprofit organization, founded in 1976, which manages a series of projects that promote self-reliance and sustainable lifestyles through wise use of appropriate technology.
|NewsBank Access World News|
Full text. Find global information on topics related to business, economics, education, government, health, international studies, politics, science, social issues, sports, STEM and more.
- Some full-text. The Newseum displays the front page of newspapers from around the world.
|Newspaper Source Plus|
- Mostly Full-text. Includes more than 860 newspapers, providing more than 36 million full-text articles. The database contains comprehensive full text for major newspapers such as New York Times (from January 1985 to present), Christian Science Monitor, San Francisco Chronicle, The Times (UK), USA Today, The Washington Post, and others. About half the titles have only "selected" full text.
- Full text. Nexis Uni features more than 15,000 new, business and legal sources from LexisNexis - including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790. Nexis Uni is the updated platform for LexisNexis Academic.
|Nineteenth Century in Print: the Making of America in Books and Periodicals|
- Full text. Full-text of 23 popular magazines from the 19th century.
|Northwest Indian Fishing Commission (NWIFC)|
- Full text. The role of the NWIFC is to assist member tribes in their role as natural resources co-managers. The commission provides direct services to tribes in areas such as biometrics, fish health and salmon management to achieve an economy of scale that makes more efficient use of limited federal funding. The NWIFC also provides a forum for tribes to address shared natural resources management issues and enables the tribes to speak with a unified voice in Washington, D.C.
- Full-text. A union catalog of more than 19 million digital resources, including books & articles, audio files, images and movies.
- Full text. This website provides a global overview of today's major economic, social and environmental indicators, presenting them clearly and concisely, and in a range of user-friendly formats.
|Office of Tribal Justice|
- Full text. The Office of Tribal Justice is the primary point of contact for the Department of Justice with federally recognized Native American tribes, and advises the Department on legal and policy matters pertaining to Native Americans.
- Full text. Connects to thousands of newspapers around the world. Amount of full-text varies from newspaper to newspaper, though generally there are no deep backfiles.
- Streaming Media. Open Culture brings together high-quality cultural & educational media for the worldwide lifelong learning community. Also includes audio and e-books.
|Oxford Encyclopedia of Mesoamerican Culture: the Civilizations of Mexico and Central America|
- Full Text. This is a comprehensive reference source, with more than 600 articles, that chronicles Pre-Hispanic, colonial, and modern Mesoamerica, defined as the lands stretching from Mexico to the southern tip of Central America.
|Oxford Encyclopedia of Women in World History|
- Full Text. This has over 650 biographies of influential women and over 600 topical articles covering topics such as geography and history, culture and society, organizations, movements, and gender studies.
|Oxford English Dictionary|
- Full text. This dictionary is the accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium. It is a guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past. It traces the usage of words through 2.5 million quotations from a wide range of international English sources, from classic literature and specialist periodicals to film scripts and cook books.
|Oxford Music Online|
- Full text. Oxford Music Online is the gateway offering users the ability to access and cross-search multiple music reference resources in one location.
|Oxford Reference Online Premium|
- Full Text. This combines the scholarly resources offered by the Oxford Companions series with authoritative, quick-reference coverage of the full subject spectrum. This also includes the Literature Collection, which spans a wealth of international literary history; and the Western Civilization Collection, which traces the development of western thought and culture from the time of Socrates.
|Oxford Scholarship Online|
- Full-text. Oxford Scholarship Online provides access to over 14,000 academic books from Oxford University Press. Includes subjects across the humanities, social sciences, science, medicine and law.
- Index. Indexes and abstracts papers presented at conferences, covering congresses, expositions, meetings, symposiums and workshops.
|Perseus Digital Library|
- Images. This website covers the history, literature and culture of the Greco-Roman world.
|Physical Reference Data|
- Full-text. From the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Contains information on physical constants, atomic and molecular spectroscopic data, atomic and molecular data, nuclear and radiation data, and more.
|Plantwise Knowledge Bank|
- Full-text. The Plantwise knowledge bank brings together key plant health information from across the world, including a useful diagnostic tool and factsheet library to help diagnose and manage plant health problems.
|Polling the Nations|
- Full-text. An online database of public opinion polls containing the full text of 700,000+ questions and responses, from 18,000+ surveys and 1,700+ polling organizations, conducted from 1986 through the present in the United States and more than 100 other countries around the world.
|Pop Culture Universe|
- Multimedia & Full-text. An authoritative digital library of information on American and world popular culture, past and present.
- Some full-text. This database is aimed at elementary school children, with 150+ magazines indexed and half as many in full text.
|Prints & Photographs Online Catalog|
- Images. The Prints & Photographs Online Catalog (PPOC) provides access through group or item records to about 75% of the Division's holdings, as well as to some images found in other units of the Library of Congress.
- Index. Indexes conference proceedings, congresses, exhibitions, meetings, symposiums, and workshops back to 1993.
- Full-text. A combination of 8 Proquest databases, including Alt-PressWatch, Ethnic NewsWatch, Genderwatch, ABI/Inform, Family Health, PsychArticles and Research Library.
|Proquest Global Newsstream|
- Full-text. Search the most recent global news content – with archives that stretch back into the 1980s – from over 2,500 news sources including newspapers, newswires, news journals, television and radio transcripts, blogs, and podcasts.
|Proquest Statistical Abstract of the U.S.|
- Full text. A comprehensive collection of statistics on the social, political, and economic conditions of the United States, it is a snapshot of America and its people.
|Proquest US Newsstream|
- Full-text. 1980-present. Recent premium U. S. news content featuring top newspapers, newswires, blogs and news sites.
- Full text. This is a definitive source of full text, peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific articles in psychology. It contains more than 153,000 articles from nearly 80 journals published by the American Psychological Association (APA), its imprint the Educational Publishing Foundation (EPF), and from allied organizations including the Canadian Psychological Association and the Hogrefe Publishing Group. It includes all journal articles, book reviews, letters to the editor, and errata from each journal.
- Index. Indexing begins with 1887, covering 9900 titles, from 25 different languages. Since 1987, it has included chapter and book coverage for materials in English.
Some full-text. PubAg is the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Agricultural Library's (NAL) search system for agricultural information. PubAg contains full-text articles relevant to the agricultural sciences, along with citations to peer-reviewed journal articles with links to publisher sites and elsewhere for full-text access.
|Public Health Image Library: PHIL|
- Images. This offers an organized, universal electronic gateway to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's pictures.
- Index. PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, provides access to over 11 million MEDLINE citations back to the mid-1960's and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources.
- Full text. Residential & business listings.
|Regional Business News|
- Mostly Full text. This database provides full text for more than 50 regional business publications.
- Mostly Full-text. Multidisciplinary database provides access to a wide range of core academic titles covering subjects from business and the sciences to literature and politics.
|SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System|
- Index. A NASA-funded project whose main resource is an abstract service, which draws abstracts from a variety of national and international scientific sources.
|Scholarships, Fellowships, and Loans|
- Full text. Provides comprehensive information on sources of education-related financial aid sponsored and administered by private organizations and companies.
- Some Full text. Science.gov is a gateway to over 50 million pages of authoritative selected science information provided by U.S. government agencies, including research and development results.
- Full text. Includes two collections: Social & Behavioral Sciences Collection and the Health & Life Sciences Collection. Approximately 1350 full-text journals.
|ScienceDirect: Reference Works|
- Full text. A Number of ScienceDirect's encyclopedias, covering subjects in both the sciences and social sciences.
- Some full text. The goal of the Scientific Commons website is to "develop the world's largest communication medium for scientific knowledge products which is freely accessible to the public." Indexing and full-text for 16 million items.
- Index. Scopus is a large abstract and citation database of peer reviewed literature covering biology, physics, chemistry, geosciences, agriculture, medicine, business, social work, and the social sciences.
|Shared Shelf Commons|
- Images. A media management system sponsored by ARTstor that allows institutions to manage and share collections.
- Full text. Reference. A multidisciplinary database for elementary and middle school learners and educators covering curriculum areas such as current events, history, health, language arts, math, science, social studies and technology.
|Sixties in America|
- Full text. This database surveys the events and people of the 1960's, a turbulent decade that had a profound and lasting effect on the life and culture of the United States. The set not only provides in-depth coverage of all aspects of the three major events of the 1960's that give the decade its distinctive character-the Civil Rights movement, the social revolution, and the Vietnam War-but also surveys important developments in the arts, science and technology, business and the economy, government and politics, and gender issues.
|Smithsonian American Art Museum|
- Images. Search the Smithsonian American Art Museum's collection of 40,000 art objects. More than 19,000 works are illustrated online.
|Sociology Source Ultimate|
- Full text. A social sciences database that includes 1072 full-text journals and 26,000 author profiles.
|SORA: Searchable Ornithological Research Archive|
- Full text. Provides full-text access to an extensive Ornithological materials of international scope, and detailed material documenting the study of Ornithology in North America over the last 120 years.
- Full text. Evergreen has access to the 2012 e-book package.
|Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy|
- Full text. The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy is intended to serve as an authoritative reference work suitable for use by professionals and students in the field of philosophy, as well as by all others interested in authoritative discussions on philosophical topics.
|Statistical Abstract of the United States|
- Full text. The Statistical Abstract of the United States, published since 1878, is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
|Teacher Reference Center|
- Index. Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 270 teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
|Thurston County History: People and Places|
- Full text. This site is dedicated to the People and Places of Thurston County.
|Time & Life Pictures: Defining Visions of an Enduring History|
- Images. Time & Life Pictures is an unparalleled collection of striking imagery, documenting past and present events in politics, culture, celebrities and the arts.
|Treatise on Estuarine and Coastal Science|
- Full text. The study of estuaries and coasts has seen enormous growth in recent years, since changes in these areas have a large effect on the food chain, as well as on the physics and chemistry of the ocean. As the coasts and river banks around the world become more densely populated, the pressure on these ecosystems intensifies, putting a new focus on environmental, socio-economic and policy issues.
|Treatise on Water Science|
- Full text. Water quality and management are of great significance globally, as the demand for clean, potable water far exceeds the availability. Water science research brings together the natural and applied sciences, engineering, chemistry, law and policy, and economics, and the Treatise on Water Science seeks to unite these areas through contributions from a global team of author-experts.
(Washington State Historical Society) - Full text. Ten treaties were signed in just 13 months and are still exerting influence on the various populations of the Northwest today.
- Full text. Online forestry research collection. A catalog of natural resources publications, including an index to Forest Service literature.
- Streaming Media. UbuWeb is a completely independent resource dedicated to all strains of the avant-garde, ethnopoetics, and outsider arts.
|Undergraduate Research Journals|
- Full-text. A collection of open access academic journals for undergraduate research.
|Underground and Independent Comics, Comix, and Graphic Novels|
- Full text. A scholarly online collection for researchers and students of adult comic books and graphic novels.
|United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre: UNEP-WCMC|
- Full text. UNEP-WCMC's mission is to evaluate and highlight the many values of biodiversity and put authoritative biodiversity knowledge at the centre of decision-making.
|United States Census|
- Full text. Includes rankings & comparisons, briefs & special reports, geographic information, and selected historical census data.
- Some full-text. The federal government's gateway to federal, state, local and tribal government. Also find government information by topic.
|USGS MapFinder: USGS Topographic Map Catalog|
- Images. MapFinder is a searchable catalog of maps and digital map data available from the USGS. Contains detailed listings for over 57,000 topographic, county, land-use and specialty maps within conterminous United States (lower 48 states). PLEASE NOTE: You may need to download the plug-in. It's easy.
|USPS Zip code Lookup and Address Information|
- Full text. The National Zip code directory.
|Visual Arts Data Service (VADS)|
- Images. Over 100,000 images available. Online visual arts collections can be used to enhance an art history lecture, give students a refresher on various types of architecture, and for community history projects. Clicking on the "Collections" section will give you a sense of the broad coverage offered on the site. The site also has a list of case studies and a guide to good practice for those who might be working on digital projects in art education.
|Washington State Data Book|
- Full text. The Data Book contains eleven major sections: Population, Economy, State Government Finance, Human Services, Criminal Justice, Education, Natural Resources, Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Local Government.
|Washington State Digital Archives|
- Images. The Washington State Digital Archives is the nation's first archives dedicated specifically to the preservation of electronic records from both State and Local agencies that have permanent legal, fiscal or historical value.
|Washington State Geologic Information Portal|
- Full-text. Through this online service offered by the Washington Division of Geology and Earth Resources, you can access interactive earth science mapping, data, and related information.
|Washington State Geology|
- Full text. A site maintained by the Department of Natural Resources.
|Washington State Geospatial Portal|
- Full-text. This website provides a single source of quality government geospatial data resources.
|Washington State Library Newspapers|
- Full text. Washington State Library's newspaper collection includes current issues on paper and historic newspapers on microfilm with some searchable online. We subscribe to about 125 daily and weekly newspapers throughout Washington, plus a few out-of-state papers. The microfilm collection consists of over 40,000 reels of newspapers dating from the 1850s to the present.
|Water Resources of the United States|
- Full text. Information concerning the United States' water resources.
- Images. A collaborative effort among art museums worldwide to make large portions of their collections available on the web. Most are from university collections.
|Welcome to the United Nations|
- Full Text. The United Nations (U.N.) is an international agency headquartered in New York City that provides peacekeeping and humanitarian assistance worldwide. The U.N. consists of 30 affiliated organizations, known together as the U.N. system. The U.N. outlines its organizational structure, lists its member states, and highlights its publications.
|Wiley eBooks Online|
- Ebook. Full-text. Features over 19,000 scholarly and professional books, handbooks, dictionaries, companions and landmark book series in the sciences, social sciences and humanities.
- Mostly Full text. This is a combination of H.W. Wilson's Art Full-Text, Humanities Full-Text, and Social Sciences Full-Text databases.
- Index. WorldCat is a catalog of the holdings of books, journals, and other materials held by OCLC member libraries and includes over 48,000,000 records.
- Streaming media. Includes hundreds of lectures from universities, such as MIT, UC Berkeley, and UCLA. Lectures cover a range of subjects.
: See it. Save it. Sort it. Search it. Cite it. - A free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help you collect, manage, cite, and share your research sources.