Vaccination Requirements

Everything you need to know about our vaccination requirements.

What is the Measles requirement?

Measles (Rubeola) can be a serious and life-threatening illness. As a public health measure for the safety of all members of our campus community Evergreen has adopted the following immunization requirement, using guidelines and recommendations provided by the US Center for Disease Control, the American College Health Association, and state and local Public Health Departments. 

This requirement applies to all new undergraduate and graduate students. To meet the requirement, upload your documentation to Health eConnect link, located on your homepage. 

  • Option 1: Documentation that you have had 2 Measles (Rubeola) vaccines since 1969
  • Option 2: Documentation that you have had the disease of Measles (Rubeola)
  • Option 3: Documentation that you have had a positive Measles (Rubeola) antibody test (Titer)
  • Option 4: For a medical or religious reason, you may sign the Measles Immunity Waiver

All students born after 1956 must submit documentation of immunity to Measles (Rubeola). 

Schedule appointments and upload vaccination documentation online at Health eConnect, on

If religious or medical reasons prevent you from vaccination, you may sign the Measles Waiver (PDF). If you have signed the waiver and a Measles outbreak occurs, you will be asked to leave campus for a minimum of 2 weeks from the time of the last diagnosed case, resulting in missed classes, coursework, and compensation from work. 

What do I have to do?

4 options to meet the Measles vaccination requirement

  1. Submit documentation of 2 valid doses of MMR vaccine. Doses are valid if received at 12 months of age or older, administered at least one month apart, and not compromised by receiving other immunizations too close to the MMR. 
  2. Submit documentation from a healthcare provider that you have had the Measles (Rubeola) disease.
  3. Submit documentation of a positive titer (blood test) for Measles (Rubeola). A primary care provider can administer the test, or you may request the test at Student Wellness Services during our open hours. There is a fee for the lab, billable to your student account.
  4. Sign the Measles waiver. If you sign a waiver and would like to change your status to reflect immunity to Measles, we can do so with documentation of immunity (see Options 1-3).

Where do I submit my form and documentation?

Enter your Measles immunity status and upload your documentation or waiver form at Health eConnect, located on your homepage. Please select "Immunization Record" as the upload type to ensure speedy processing.

Where can I find my records?

If you grew up in Washington, or have received health care services in this state, your immunization records may have been added to the Washington Immunization Information System (WA-IIS), through the Washington Department of Health website. You may sign up for a MyIR account, which will allow you to view a report of all immunizations entered on your behalf. 

The CDC’s website contains a list of all states’ IIS contacts, which may be helpful if you think you have records from another state.

Request immunization records from your current or former primary care provider(s). If you’ve had an employer require immunizations, you should be able to request a copy. Immunization records are often located in parents’/guardians’ records. Previous schools may also have a copy of your immunization records. 

I already submitted my form and/or documentation, why do I still see this in my to-do list in My Evergreen?

Student Wellness Services staff are unable to process forms received during the summer closure until we return in fall. We work diligently to process all MMR requirement forms as quickly as possible. We will only contact you if there is a problem with your form and/or documentation. Please check your voicemail and Evergreen email. 

My Evergreen to-do list items may not refresh frequently, so you may see the MMR requirement in your to-do list after your form has been processed. Student Wellness Services staff will contact you directly only if there is a problem with your form or supporting documentation. If you do not hear from us (don't forget to check your email and voicemail regularly) it is safe to assume your form has been processed.

If you have additional questions, call us at (360) 867-6200 during our open hours.

Location and Contact

Phone: (360) 867-6200 

Fax: (360) 867-6787

3rd floor of SEM-2 B

Mailing address:
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW, SEM-2 B3132, Olympia, WA 98505

Office Hours

Available by appointment during the academic weeks of Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters

  • Monday - Thursday: 10 am - 5 pm
  • Friday: 10 am - 12 pm

Closed 12 - 1 pm, Mon - Thur

We are closed for campus holidays, breaks, and Summer


Measles Waiver (PDF)

Release of Information (PDF)

Schedule appointments online and upload your MMR documentation at Health eConnect, at