Geoduck Student Union
Get involved in your campus community. Find ways to use your voice and advocate for student needs. Learn how to be a leader and work together to shape the future.
Who We Are
The Geoduck Student Union membership is made up of all registered students; 15 students are elected each year to conduct the business of the union and to provide leadership and support to the student body.
What We Do
- Advocate for the student body to faculty, staff, and administrators
- Lobby for student-centered legislation at the state capitol
- Educate the campus on issues students are facing and work students are doing
- Demonstrate leadership to other students
- Help build a stronger and more connected community
- Work together to improve the college
- Geoduck Student Union Candidate Election
- We are currently accepting applications!
- You can find the Declaration of Candidacy here
Upcoming Meeting Agenda
Wednesday December 11th, 2019 CAB 301 1:15-3pm
Medicine Creek Treaty Acknowledgement (2 mins)
We begin our time together today by acknowledging the indigenous people of the Medicine Creek Treaty, whose land on which the college stands. We acknowledge the Squaxin people who are the traditional custodians of this land and pay respect to elders past and present of the Squaxin Island Tribe.
Approval of the Minutes and the Agenda (2 minutes)
Public Comment (5 minutes)
Check-in with ED (1 min)
"Please submit your biweekly report, if you haven't already!"
Check-In with Jeannette (5 minutes)
Constitution and Fee Discussion with Melinda (50 min)
Break (10 min)
OMBUDS Presentation with Melinda (10 min)
Team leader award presentation (10 min)
Team break outs (remaining time)
Adjourn at 3pm
Upcoming 2019-2020 Geoduck Student Union Meetings:
- Wednesday, December 4, 1:15 - 3 PM, CAB 301
- Wednesday, December 11, 1:15 - 3 PM, CAB 301