Geoduck Student Union
Get involved in your campus community. Find ways to use your voice and advocate for student needs. Learn how to be a leader and work together to shape the future.
Who We Are
The Geoduck Student Union membership is made up of all registered students; 15 students are elected each year to conduct the business of the union and to provide leadership and support to the student body.
- Come to a meeting Wednesdays at 1:15 pm in CAB 301
- Run for office!
- Volunteer to be a delegate for the Assembly
- Form a student group
- Join a committee
What We Do
- Advocate for the student body to faculty, staff, and administrators
- Lobby for student-centered legislation at the state capitol
- Educate the campus on issues students are facing and work students are doing
- Demonstrate leadership to other students
- Help build a stronger and more connected community
- Work together to improve the college
Want to get directly involved with the Geoduck Student Union? Consider running for elected office! Elected GSU Representatives are compensated for up to eight hours per week during the regular academic year, from October 2018 to October 2019.
GSU Positions include:
- Legislative Liaison
- Faculty Liaison
- Policy Analyst
- Equity Liaison
- Student Activities Liaison
- Communications Liaison
- Wellness Liaison
- Student Labor Liaison
- Campus Safety Liaison
- Sustainability Liaison
- RAD Services Liaison
You can declare your candidacy using our declaration of candidacy form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping it off at our office in Student Activities located in the CAB. Candidacy forms are due October 5th, 2018 by midnight.