Virtual Gallery – All-Level and Virtual Gallery – Senior Works (titles subject to change) will be Evergreen’s first series of online-only galleries featuring artwork created by students over the academic year.
As part of the opening event for the Senior Works show on June 9, the selected artists will have the opportunity to participate in a live event where they will have 3-5 minutes to share images and talk about their process and their work. These events will be open to the public and will be an opportunity to showcase some of our students’ best work and celebrate virtually with friends and family.
The Virtual Galleries will remain on display through graduation and beyond via our Evergreen Gallery site.
About the artwork and submission details
- Submissions of all styles of 2D, 3D, video and audio work will be considered. We want to see your workspace,too! Please consider showing us where you’ve been making your work, especially for the all-level show.
- All accepted works will be displayed on our virtual galleries will include artists’ preferred names, brief descriptions of their art and workspace (if included). Artists applying for the Senior Works gallery will additionally need to prepare a brief (300-word limit) artist statement.
- Lower resolution jpgs, as well as images of incomplete work are acceptable for proposal submissions due Thursday, May 21, 5 pm.
- Final images for online gallery MUST be submitted in jpg format, minimum 2000 pixels on the long edge. Media files must be submitted in mp4 format.
Criteria for eligibility
For either Virtual Gallery you must have been enrolled in at least one visual or media arts program, course, or ILC in the 2019–2020 academic year.
To be considered for the Senior Works Virtual Gallery, you must have reached senior standing at any point in the 2019–2020 academic year.
Criteria for selection
Completed submissions for the Senior show will be reviewed by a committee of Visual and Media Arts faculty and staff. The committee will consider the following when making final determinations:
- Artwork must be original.
- Overall aesthetic quality and consistent theme in multiple works.
- Appropriateness of work for online viewing experience.
- Evidence that all aspects of proposed work can be completed by the final submission date (June 2, 2020).
Submitting your images
- Students applying for the senior works show MUST submit images of their work for consideration along with the information listed below.
- Students applying for all-level show are strongly encouraged to send images for consideration.
- Lower resolution jpgs, as well as images of incomplete work, are acceptable for proposal submissions due Thursday, May 21 at 5 pm.
- Final images for online gallery must be submitted in jpg format, minimum 2000 pixels on the long edge. Media files must be submitted in mp4 format.
Important last notes
- It is unethical, constitutes plagiarism, and can violate copyright law to copy the work of another artist (even in another medium) and represent it as your own.
- Photo staff reserve the right to edit final number of submissions due to formatting issues and ability to complete the work.