Faculty Salary Grid & Guidelines 2015-18
The Evergreen State College and the United Faculty of Evergreen have reached consensus on a UFE Agreement for 2018-2021.
The salary grid is based on an academic year; it does not include summer session. All faculty are placed on this scale according to a combination of their academic degrees, their teaching experience and their relevant post-baccalaureate work experience. There are no disciplinary distinctions; that is, someone in the sciences is paid the same as someone in the humanities with equal academic and work experience. Faculty move up this scale with each additional year of experience. While actual placement on the scale is determined by the college when an offer of employment is made, prospective faculty may use the following guidelines to get a rough idea of what their placement might be. Please note: Adjunct faculty members will be paid at 90% of the salary associated with their experience year.
The experience year is determined as follows:
Graduate degrees will be counted as years of experience as follows:
- A Master's degree counts as one (1) year.
- A PhD that is completed except for the dissertation counts as one (1) year if the faculty members has a Master's degree, or two (2) years if the faculty member does not have a Master's degree.
- A completed PhD or equivalent professional degree counts as two (2) years if the faculty member has a Master's degree, or three (3) years if the faculty member does not have a Master's degree.
- Additional and other degrees, such as two (2) Master's degrees in unrelated fields, will be determined on a case-by-case basis, using the above as a guide.
Teaching experience will be credited on a year-for-year basis for each full-time teaching year or equivalent. Acceptable teaching experience includes pre-college, college, and university teaching.
Non-teaching experience will be credited according to the relevance of that experience to the faculty member's role at Evergreen. Fractional experience years can be granted for work that included a mixture of duties.
- Postdoctoral or research fellowships will be credited on a year-for-year basis.
- Work experience directly related to the faculty member's teaching will be credited on a year-for-year basis.
- Work experience not related to the faculty member's teaching will be credited ona 1-year-for-2 years basis.
- Other credits depend on particular experiences and will be determined during the interview process. For example, credit will be given for Peace Corps experience and for Vista experience.
Please refer to Article 12.2 of the CBA for complete information.
2017/18 Academic year:
|Experience Year||Academic Year 2017-18 (through 12-31-18)||Experience Year||Academic Year 2017-18 (through 12-31-18)||Experience Year||Academic Year 2017-18 (through 12-31-18)|
|Experience Year||Academic Year 2018-19 (effective 1/1/19)||Experience Year||Academic Year 2018-19 (effective 1/1/19)||Experience Year||Academic Year 2018-19 (effective 1/1/19)|
Adjunct faculty members will be paid at 90% of the salary associated with their experience year. Faculty hired to fill Dean positions are shifted to the Academic Deans Salary Grid.