Projects & Bid Notices
Current projects are listed on the What's New page.
There are no current reports available at this time.
Request for Qualifications
Request for Qualifications for Consultant Services
Project Title: Campus Utility Infrastructure Basis of Design
Submittal Date: 3:00 PM November 1, 2019
Owner: The Evergreen State College
Office of Facilities
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
Description/Scope of Work:
Evergreen is seeking a consultant to lead the development of the basis of design for a campus utility infrastructure master plan which will guide a holistic renovation of the College’s utility infrastructure to meet new levels of environmental and efficient performance.
The Evergreen State College has roughly 1.2 million gross square feet of Campus infrastructure on aging district steam and cold water cooling systems. The College has also established aggressive carbon neutrality goals and is, at minimum, subject to state agency carbon emissions reduction goals. We are currently seeking to identify a path to renovate our systems in manner(s) sufficient to meet both our needs and our goals.
The Consultant will work with College staff and stakeholders on and off campus, as well as confer with key staff at DES and OFM, to clarify and define both value and performance-based criteria for the upgrade of critical campus infrastructure (heating, cooling, and power). These criteria will also include consideration of overlap with or impacts upon existing infrastructure, as well as water and waste systems.
Specific tasks include:
- Facilitating stakeholder connections and listening sessions
- Leading deliberative conversations and charrettes among stakeholder groups
- Summarizing assessments of current functional capacity and future needs
- Collaborating with College planning, DES, and OFM to define and shape key processes
- Collaborating with College staff to clarify definitions, scope, and criteria and write the final Basis of Design
- Assist with the competitive selection of design teams
- Assist with judging of final plans produced by the competition
This work will lay the foundations for a follow-up design competition to produce a campus utility master plan that best fits the defined basis of design. We anticipate at least nine (9) months for the project, with the time demand heavily concentrated within the first four (4) months.
Timeline (est. latter elements may slip)
NOV 1 – Applications due
NOV 11 thru 22 – Applicant interviews (3 finalists)
DEC 6 – College selects consultant
JAN – MAR 2020 – Develop Basis of Design
APR 2020 – Participate in competitive team selection
AUG 2020 – Participate in final plan selection process
The firm selected for this preparatory work will not be eligible to participate in the subsequent master plan design competition.
The Evergreen State College has established voluntary MWBE Goals of 10% MBE and 8% WBE.
Interested firms should submit one to three pages (each) for the following: (max. 9 pages)
- Identifying Information – Firm Name, Primary contact information, UBI, Name of principal Project Consultant and additional team members (if applicable), as well as names and contact information for three professional references (preferably former clients)
- Summary of relevant experience(s) and professional qualifications (may include, but not limited to, stakeholder engagement, community-based planning, energy systems, low-carbon and environmentally-friendly performance standards, WA State capital projects, or systems-based planning)
- Sample of prior work comparable to a basis of design or planning charrette(s) (please eliminate identifying names, places, etc)
Interested firms shall submit the above in PDF format via email by 3:00 PM, November 1, 2019 to: Scott Morgan - MorganS@evergreen.edu (Time of receipt will be defined by inbox time stamp)
Following the evaluation of the Statement of Qualifications, the selection committee will interview firms most highly qualified for the services required. Interviews will be scheduled the weeks of November 11, 2019 and November 18, 2019. The Evergreen State College assumes no obligation of any kind for expenses incurred by any respondent to this solicitation. Direct questions to Scott Morgan, 360-867-6913.
Bid Submittal Requests
NO REQUESTS FOR BID AT THIS TIME
The Evergreen State College uses the Washington State Department of Enterprises Services Small Works Roster. Vendors interested in being included in that roster may sign up at:
Projects currently bidding are posted on the Builder's Exchange website at www.bxwa.com.
Instructions: From the site, select Posted Projects, then Public Works, then Agree to terms and conditions, and then select The Evergreen State College link.
Note: In order to download the specs the Builder's Exchange plug-in is needed, instructions and installation links are found in the upper left hand corner of the main page on the Builder's Exchange website under the BXWA.com logo.