Facilities Services helps keep Evergreen running
We need the services we provide to be easily accessible and understandable so that anyone can quickly communicate any questions and needs to us, and we hope this site will be a valuable resource.
We know that the buildings and grounds of The Evergreen State College are vital components of the Evergreen experience, and we want them to be as functional, beautiful, safe, secure, and contribute to a healthier environment. Your assistance and input are greatly appreciated.
If you don't find the answer you're looking for on this site, please call our front desk at (360) 867-5135 and we will be happy to assist you. If you need to see one of us in person we are located in Lab II, 1254.
Our team in the facilities department consider it our pleasure and privilege to assist you as you teach, study, work, play and serve at Evergreen.
Who are we?
William Ward is the Associate Vice President of Facilities Services.
William came to us most recently from Multicare Health Systems in Tacoma where he was Executive Director of Facilities Management and Support Services. His previous professional experience includes work as Director of Facilities and Support Services for Indiana University Health. In addition, while serving in the US Army, William was responsible for Presidential Contingency Support Programs in the White House. He holds an MBA from Indiana Wesleyan University.
The Director along with facilities services staff support the College mission by following the highest of standards for responsible social, fiscal and environmental stewardship. The department's guiding principles are to:
- Foster a safe and healthy campus environment, conducive to the learning process.
- Develop and maintain attractive, functional, and efficient facilities.
- Anticipate and meet the needs of the Evergreen community.
- To build a better Evergreen for the students, academic, and administrative communities as well as the people of the State of Washington.
- 2016 RAD Master Plan Volume I (PDF) Volume II (PDF)
- 2014 updated Campus Master Plan Volume I (PDF), Volume III (PDF)
- 2008 Campus Master Plan Volume I (PDF), Volume II (PDF), Volume III (PDF)
- 1998 Campus Master Plan Part I (PDF), Part II (PDF), Part III (PDF), Attachments 1-9 (PDF)
- 1972 Campus Master Plan (PDF)
Indigenous Arts Campus – Master Plan
Evergreen hosts thousands of visitors every year, and the Longhouse is a primary campus attraction as the college’s premiere gathering space. The creation of the Longhouse’s Indigenous Arts Campus will provide intriguing new indoor and outdoor spaces for people to gather, interact, and learn more about Indigenous Arts and Cultures from around the Pacific Rim and Pacific Northwest.