About Facilities Services

Lab II - Facilities Offices

Facilities Services Functions

Facilities Services at The Evergreen State College includes three major functions

  1. The maintenance of the physical plant and grounds including all buildings, repairs, minor remodeling, energy generation and management systems, and custodial services;
  2. The planning of all facilities including engineering, architectural design, drafting, estimating, project management, and construction coordination;
  3. The administration of facilities including personnel, capital and operating budgets, accounting, environmental health and safety, contract administration, space management, and motor pool.

How to Contact us

Facilities Services
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Lab II Room 1254
Olympia, WA 98505-0002

Email: Facilities Services
Office Location:
Facilities Map & Driving Directions [pdf]

Facilities Director (360) 867-6115
Building Services (360) 867-6317
College Engineer (360) 867-6136
Environmental Health & Safety (360) 867-6111
Facilities Management & Planning (360) 867-6631
Grounds & Motor Pool (360) 867-6349
Information Services (360) 867-6345
Key Control (360) 867-5397
Maintenance Services (360) 867-6773
Mechanical Services (360) 867-6332
Project Management (360) 867-6041
Space Scheduling (360) 867-6314
Support Services (360) 867-6125
Utility Services (360) 867-6318

Metrocall Text Paging (Select "Send A Message")

Frequently Asked Questions / F.A.Q.

Q. An elevator is not working, what should I do?

A. Please call Police Services at (360) 867-6140 for immediate assistance 24 hours per day.

Q. My department is holding an event, how do I get Facilities Services' assistance?

A. Complete a Campus Production Report, also available from Student Activities Administration ((360) 867-6220) for authorization and/or a work request at least 48 hours in advance via email to "Facilities Work Requests" at Facilities Services.

Q. We are not affiliated with Evergreen, can we reserve rooms?

A. Contact Conference Services directly at (360) 867-6192 or email at Conference Services. Visit conference services for further details.

Q. How do I request that the air system is on during the event I've planned?

A. Completion of the Campus Production Report that is used through Space Scheduling and the Building Managers includes requesting of the air.

Q. Who do I talk to about remodeling a room or to reassign an office?

A. All space changes, including remodels or moves, must be pre-approved by our Space Management staff at extension (360) 867-6631.

Q. I locked my keys in my car. Who should I call?

A. Police Services at (360) 867-6140 will provide assistance.

Q. I need to get into a locked office. Who should I call?

A. Police Services at (360) 867-6140 handles all unlocks. For security reasons, Facilities Services staff are not authorized to do so.

Q. I want new blinds or curtains in my office, will Facilities Services pay for these?

A. These costs will be incurred by the requester's work unit and the coverings will be ordered through our Project Management office. Call (360) 867-6041 for assistance.

Q. How do I request service from Facilities Services?

A. Use the online Work Request form . This expedites our input process and will give you a confirming reference number in return. Or give us a call at (360) 867-6120. When your request is not urgent, you can also send your request through campus mail.

Q. I want to be able to open my window. Can you fix it so I can do this?

A. Sorry but operable windows provide a negative effect on the building's HVAC systems and air balancing. Any special accommodation request will need to go through the campus health and safety office first. Call (360) 867-6111 for assistance.

Q. Will you provide a portable fan or heater for my office?

A. We adjust the building HVAC units to meet your needs. A portable heater would be a safety hazard and code violation. Place a work request and we will do our best to adjust the temperature to make you comfortable.

Housing Facilities

Housing Home


Facilities Policies

Capital Planning

10 Yr Capital Budget Request PDF | Budget Request Insert PDF