Changes due to COVID-19
Electronic Media will be working remotely until further notice. To reach us, email Electronic Media.
All media labs are closed for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020.
Updated August 11th, 2020.
Electronic Media is Evergreen's one-stop-shop for campus media production support. EM has the experience and capability to provide affordable-yet-professional media services campus-wide, including event support and recording.
A Primer on Production Rates
Rates are included as a guideline to help provide clients with a sense of production costs. Some important pieces of context:
- Electronic Media charges for equipment packages, not by individual items. Our goal is to make charges straight-forward and clear to clients. This also allows for us to focus on doing a quality job with our production work.
- The vast majority of our support is on-campus for the Evergreen community. If you have an off-campus need, please contact a producer directly.
- Listed prices are Evergreen campus and Washington state rates. Non-academic and external events are charged differently, as per state regulations; additionally, media support for externally-sourced events is coordinated through Evergreen's Conference Services. Please contact them directly for conference support:
- Phone: (360) 867-6192
- Email: Conference Services
- Events that charge admission must always be charged back - even if admission is on a donation basis, and/or if the event is academic in nature.
- Our standard editing window is for a two-week turnaround on typical event video editing projects (although projects are often completed well in advance). There are no post-production charges for standard turnaround time.
- Faster editing turnarounds are possible - with added labor charges. Editing usually works out to between one and two hours per event hour. This means that a two hour video document may take 2-4 hours of editing and exporting.
Depending on production needs, other charges may be included. Some of these may include:
- Captioning: To ensure proper accessibility, some events may require live captions and captioner. Since we are not able to provide this service in-house, we must bill to support it. (Ask for quote)
- Web-conferencing: Support for Zoom Webinars and Meetings (and with discussion, other protocols) can range from basic to heavily-produced.
Want to learn more? Take a look at what we do on our Production page. If you have additional questions about your future production, please contact Audio/Media Producer Ben Hargett for more information.