Student Resources

If you’re experiencing problems with school or just life, you can get help. Take advantage of services on campus or in the community.

If you are on campus and experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or (360) 867-6140, or use a blue courtesy phone.

If you are off-campus and experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.

The Washington Information Network 211 is a statewide resource for finding help. Search their database, chat online, or call (800) 572-4357 in Thurston County.

If you have observed a student who appears to need non-emergency help, you can report your concerns to the CARE Team.

Health-related issues

Student Wellness Services

Student Wellness Services is available for medical and mental health services, and has remote counseling drop-in appointments during open hours. They also provide a variety of groups and workshops. Visit Health Education and Groups for a complete listing.

Call (360) 867-6200 during clinic hours to make an appointment to speak with a provider.

Emotional crisis or mental health concerns

Call the Crisis Clinic anytime day or night at (360) 586-2800 or visit their website for other local resources.

More options

Online self-help options

Substance abuse, chemical dependency, and treatment

Important, if this is an emergency, call 911.

Other health issues

Refer to these local, state, and national agencies for current information about the novel coronavirus:

Symptoms of COVID-19 are listed on the CDC's Symptoms of Coronavirus page.

If you have COVID symptoms, CALL AHEAD and talk to a provider before going to the campus health center, local urgent care, or a local doctor.

Local urgent care clinics

Health insurance

Food and housing issues

Thurston County Food Bank has a drive-up food distribution point in Evergreen Parking Lot C every other Tuesday, 10 am – 3 pm, from May 5, 2020 through July 28, 2020. Learn more about food bank distribution on campus.

The Washington state Department of Social and Health Services offers some emergency assistance. Find out about DSHS Emergency Programs.

SideWalk provides coordination of shelter services in Thurston County. Visit the SideWalk website for information about their services or other local shelters or call the shelter hotline: (844) 628-7343.

The Hungry Greener Voucher Program offers a limited number of meals in the Greenery to students.

Other financial concerns and resources

Emergency Funds

Evergreen has small emergency grants and short-term loans available to help students through emergency situations. Find out about emergency funds and apply online.

Financial Aid

If you’re having financial difficulty, contact the Financial Aid Office right away. It’s easier to get assistance early in the quarter compared to later. If you or your family has lost income, you may be eligible for additional aid. Email your concerns and questions to

Discrimination or harassment

As we focus on attending to the urgent needs of our community, we ask that you join us in combatting racial stigmatizing of others, particularly members of our Asian American community. Please help us to reinforce Evergreen’s values of inclusivity and belonging.

To reduce stigma, bias and xenophobia:

  • Rely on and share trusted sources of information.
  • Speak up if you hear, see, or read stigmatizing or harassing comments or misinformation. (Please see Evergreen’s non-discrimination policy.)
  • Show compassion and support for individuals and communities hardest hit by the virus.
  • Avoid stigmatizing people who are in quarantine. They are making the right choice for their communities.
  • Don’t make assumptions about someone’s health status based on their ethnicity, race or national origin.

If you have witnessed or have information about a behavior, event, or action on campus that may be bias-related, contact the Bias Incident Response Team at or (360) 867-6296. (You do not need to be a member of the Evergreen community to report an incident.)

If you are a student who has experienced discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual misconduct from a faculty or staff member, contact the Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Officer.

If you are a faculty or staff member who has experienced discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual misconduct from a coworker, contact the Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Officer.

If you are a student or know a student who has experienced sex– or gender-based violence, on campus or off campus, contact the Title IX coordinator.

If you are an employee who has received information about sexual misconduct, relationship violence, stalking, or gender harassment, you must contact the Title IX coordinator. (Evergreen employees are all considered Responsible Employees.)

If you are a member of the campus community who has experience harm or harassment from a student, contact the Director of Student Conduct.

Sexual assault or domestic violence

On-campus resources

Local community resources

Problems in your program or course

If you're having problems in your program and don't feel comfortable talking to your faculty, visit Academic Advising. If it's early enough, you might be able to switch, otherwise, we can help you with coping strategies.

If you're having issues with your faculty, find out your options.

Contact Access Services if you need assistance with accommodations for a disability.

Other interpersonal conflict

Having roommate trouble on campus? Visit the Campus Housing Dispute Resolution and Conduct Procedures. Depending on your situation, you may be able to work with your Resident Assistant (RA), go to mediation, or file a grievance.