Thurston County Food Bank @ Evergreen, May 5, 10 am-3 pm
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and resultant economic hardship, the Thurston County Food Bank will set up a drive-through Community Point of Distribution at Evergreen beginning May 5. This emergency food distribution site allows for food distribution while minimizing contact and practicing social distancing, and is available to Evergreen students and the wider community.
Where: The Evergreen State College, Parking Lot C
When: every other Tuesday, 10 am to 3 pm, beginning May 5
- We anticipate that the site will run every other Tuesday until the end of July.
- All food safety guidelines will be followed and staff and volunteers will wear masks and gloves to avoid transmission and exposure.
- The Thurston County Food Bank will provide food boxes/bags, pop up tents, safety equipment, and staffing and will operate as a self-contained production, with Evergreen student interns and volunteers.
- There will be vegan options available.
- Walk-up services will also be available, but we encourage people to drive if possible due to the weight of the food boxes.
- Contact GSU if you need delivery support: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please contact Ellen Shortt-Sanchez, Director of the Center for Community-Based Learning & Action (CCBLA), email@example.com.
This Evergreen Pop-up Food Bank is run by the Thurston County Food Bank and Thurston County Emergency Management in collaboration with The Evergreen State College. Special thanks to CCBLA, Geoduck Student Union (GSU), Washpirg, the Black Student Union (BSU), and students in SOS: Taking Action in Our Community for their support.
With gratitude for our community partnerships and campus collaborations!
Therese Saliba, Ph.D.
Interim VP of Inclusive Excellence & Student Success