Raquel Salinas Memorial Scholarship
Amount $1,000; 1 awarded
Offered on behalf of The Evergreen State College Foundation, this scholarship has been created to honor the life and work of Raquel Salinas. For almost 20 years, Raquel Salinas served as the First Peoples Support Programs Coordinator and was a pivotal person in tirelessly supporting students and communities of color at The Evergreen State College. As a first-generation college student, Latinx, and Evergreen double-alumna, she contributed much of her life to shaping campus-wide student support strategies and furthering campus dialogue around race and equity.
To be eligible to receive the scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Engagement in First Peoples’ Advising programs, events, and/or services
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in the broad field of education
- Demonstrated financial need
- Preference will be given to students of color (African American, Asian, Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander, Alaskan Native or students who self-identify as multi-racial)
- Preference will be given to students who identify as having any type of disability.
Learn more about the Raquel Salinas Memorial Scholarship.