This class is an introduction to computer programming --- for those who might think that programming's not for me!
We'll be studying the 'C' programming language. Students will learn:
- vocabulary of the 'C' programming language
- looping constructs
- decision making and control flow
- building independent functions
- structures and their uses
We'll also be studying:
- algorithms for sorting and building linked lists
- reading, writing and transforming data, and
memory managementin 'C', and
- using programming for the articulation and solution of certain types of problems.
This class is particularly intended for students from underrepresented communities. No previous experience with programming is required. Credit will be awarded in computer science fundamentals and the fundamentals of programming in 'C'.
Our work will be conducted remotely, using Canvas and Zoom. Students will need a computer with decent internet access.
Course Reference Numbers
All fields that require the intelligent use of computers.