Government & Innovation: Advancing Our Communities (Online Hybrid Class)
Compare offerings and share your lists with others.
Today, society faces increased challenges affecting many of our public systems. In order to adjust to new challenges, funding complexities, and multiple stakeholders, it is necessary for governments to think entrepreneurially on how to provide services to their constituents. This class will provide a framework for innovation and entrepreneurship, how it relates to public policy and building a foundation for its application in the public sector. This class will follow a hybrid approach focusing on rigorous in class discussion and the completion of an independent paper providing critical thought and understanding of the topic area.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Praxis between innovation and public service
- Public policies and innovation
- Service delivery and entrepreneurship
- Outcomes of an innovative strategy with public service delivery
Credits per quarter
- Hybrid Online Learning - This offering delivers 25 - 49% of its instruction online, rather than via face-to-face contact between you and your instructors.
Class Size: 20
Scheduled for: Day and Weekend
Final schedule and room assignments:
First meeting:Friday, July 12, 2019 - 9:00 am
July 12-14, Fri 9-5p, Sat 9a-5p -Online Hybrid Class
Located in: Olympia