September's Big Idea
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 (All day)
Evergreen's Experimental Pluralism
During September's Big Idea, faculty member Joe Tougas will discuss one of Evergreen’s guiding aspirations: to encourage thoughtful dialog among people who see the world from different perspectives. This means more than just welcoming voices from people of differing backgrounds and experiences; it means actively exploring the potential disagreements, misunderstandings and conflicts that inevitably result when people from different backgrounds take the time to really listen to one another. Evergreen has been a testing ground for a variety of different experiments in this practice of welcoming and exploring—some more successful than others.
The Big Idea is an opportunity to reflect on the quality of pluralistic engagement at Evergreen over the years, and how that style of engagement may have reverberated in the lives and communities that have been touched by it.
So what's the Big Idea?
- Evergreen faculty members spark conversation about big ideas.
- You'll enjoy great conversation, food and drink with fellow Greeners at Three Magnets Brewing Co.
- Informal and free to attend.
- Food and drinks will be available to order from the restaurant.
- Invite other alumni friends to join you.