Returning Student

Were you previously admitted to Evergreen?

  • Were you previously admitted to Evergreen and registered as a degree-seeking (matriculating) student?
  • Did you attend at least one quarter and then decided to take a leave of absence?
  • Has it been more than a year since you last registered?


  • Were you previously admitted to Evergreen and registered as a matriculating student?
  • Did you attend at least one quarter and then decided to withdraw?

If you answered "yes" to either example, you need to reapply for formal admission to Evergreen.

We can help you answer these questions:

An afterword from Admissions

Since leaving Evergreen, I attended another college and want to transfer credit back to Evergreen. What do I do?

You will need to request official transcripts from the college(s) you attended since leaving Evergreen. Your transfer credit award will be done after you have been admitted and paid the non-refundable $50 (US) advance tuition deposit.

Please keep in mind: the maximum number of credit that can transfer to Evergreen is 135 credits (90 credits of lower division work + 45 credits of upper division work). Also 45 credits of your last 90 credits must be earned at Evergreen. Here's an example: you've transferred 90 credits from a community college, then you attended Evergreen and earned 16 credits. You could transfer 45 upper-division credits from another college and finish your last 29 credits at Evergreen.

What do I need to submit to be considered for admission?

Complete the online or paper application and submit a $50 (US) non-refundable application fee. If you use the online application, apply as a "Transfer Applicant." If you use the paper application, write "Returning Student" on the application.

If you attended another college/university since leaving Evergreen, request official transcripts from every college/university you've attended and have them sent to Admissions. Evergreen can receive official transcripts delivered by DocufideNational Student Clearinghouse, Naviance, Parchment, and Scrip-Safe International. Check with the registrar to find out if your college participates in these electronic transcript services.

If you did not attend another college/university, you only need to submit an application and pay the application fee.

A Credentials Evaluator in Admissions will review your application and transcripts. If additional documents are required to complete your admission review, the Evaluator will send you a letter with further instructions.

Do I need to submit my Evergreen transcripts?

No, you do not need to submit your Evergreen transcripts for the undergraduate admission process.

Do I use my old student ID number?

Yes, you should use your old student ID number. Don't worry if you can't remember it because we should be able to find it by your full legal name and date of birth.

An afterword from Admissions

Evergreen may not be able to offer admission to all qualified applicants if the number of applicants exceeds the number of enrollment spaces available.

The college reserves the right to deny admission if enrollment could present a physical danger to the campus community.

Once the college notifies you of your eligibility, you will be asked to send a non-refundable tuition deposit of $50 (US) to confirm your place at the college for the quarter of admission. This deposit is an admission fee that will be credited toward tuition. Admission and deposit do not guarantee your enrollment in a particular program or course.

Other Web resources:

Undocumented Students

The Evergreen State College welcomes and supports undocumented students of all ethnicities and nationalities.

Campus Safety

The Clery Act requires colleges to disclose campus security policy and crime statistics. Information about campus safety is maintained by Police Services.