Creating Accessible Documents
- Microsoft provides documentation for making Word documents and PowerPoint presentations fully accessible.
- Google provides documentation for making Google Docs and Slides fully accessible.
Scanning and Converting Documents
- Creating accessible PDFs from scanned documents.
- Creating accessible PDFs from documents you have created. (When you create a PDF, always keep the original document. Make sure your original document is fully accessible before converting.)
You can get help having articles and book pages scanned and converted to an accessible document format.
- For 25 pages or less per item, contact your program secretary or the library.
- For larger jobs, see the Copy Center in the bookstore. However, if your job is more than 100 pages they will request prior approval from the Budget Dean.
Accessibility Handbook & Checklists
The accessibility handbook (PDF) has detailed instructions for creating accessible content in a variety of formats.
The UW IT Accessibility Checklist has additional information for making your materials accessible to all.