Requirements and Deadlines
Be sure you understand what you need to do in order to register for classes and graduate on time.
Do These Requirements Apply to Me?
If you are an undergraduate student admitted or re-admitted for fall quarter 2013 or later, these requirements apply to you.
If you’re in a graduate degree program or were admitted before fall quarter 2013, you’re not required to write one. If you want to do so anyway, to include in your transcript, you must turn it in by the deadline, indicated below.
Annual Requirements—For Continuing Students
You must turn in a version of your Annual Statement by the deadline once a year. Annual Statements are not added to your transcript, though they will be available through your academic record to faculty and advisors.
For the 2019 – 20 school year, turn in your Annual Statement between Thursday, November 14, 2019 and Thursday, May 14, 2020.
This Spring, due to the impacts of COVID19, Evergreen will not be placing holds on your registration, if you do not meet the May 14 deadline.
Final Requirement—For Graduating Students
For graduation during the 2019 – 20 school year, you must submit your Final Statement by the following dates:
- Fall: Friday, December 20, 2019
- Winter: Friday, March 20, 2020
- Spring: Friday, June 12, 2020 - deadline extended to Tuesday, June 30, 2020
- Summer: Friday, September 4, 2020
If you miss the deadline for your Final Statement, your graduation date will change. We recommend turning it in earlier in your last quarter, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Important considerations for the Final Statement:
- Word count limitation of 750 words
- The Academic Statement Review Checklist can help you think about what may be missing from your statement.
- Once submitted, the Final Statement is permanently added to your transcript and cannot be removed or revised after submitted to your transcript. Think about the kinds of information you want to share and the audience that will be reading it, such as graduate schools or employers.
Turning In Your Academic Statements
Submit a Preliminary Draft
Sometimes you might want to submit a preliminary draft to your transcript. For example, you might need a transcript for entry into graduate schools, scholarship applications, or when applying for a job. During the academic year, you can submit an optional preliminary Academic Statement once a year.
Turning in Your Annual Statement
Turning in Your Final Statement
To turn in your Final Statement to your transcript:
- Login at My Evergreen
- Click on “Academic Statement”
- Click on the title of your Academic Statement
- On the right hand side, click the “Graduation” button
- Confirm that you understand the warning
- Click “Turn In”