In an investigation of gender discrimination or harassment, sexual misconduct, or relationship violence, you have rights.
Students, faculty, or staff participating in any investigation process have the right to:
- A full, fair, and impartial proceeding.
- Information about the potential policy violations in question.
- Supply information on potential witnesses.
- Supply written statements.
Who Handles Investigations
- Misconduct by students is investigated and resolved according to the Student Code of Conduct procedures.
- Misconduct by employees (faculty or staff) is investigated by the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Officer.
- Criminal investigations are handled by the police in the jurisdiction where the crime happened. On-campus crimes are investigated by Evergreen's Campus Police.