Bridge Program with Tacoma Community College
Associate in Arts and Sciences - Option B
Tacoma Community College’s “Bridge Program” is offered in partnership with The Evergreen State College-Tacoma. The liberal arts curriculum is intended for students interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree at The Evergreen State College. However, courses included in this degree can be transferred to other colleges and universities on a course-by-course basis. Students who fulfill the requirements of this Associate in Arts and Sciences – Option B degree are eligible to apply to the upper-division baccalaureate degree program at Evergreen-Tacoma or Olympia campuses.
The Bridge program is a unique learning experience. The program of studies is identical to Tacoma Community College’s associates transfer degree, but omits the physical education requirement for the degree. Students wishing to earn the direct transfer degree to other Washington colleges and universities are encouraged to complete three (3) physical education activity credits on the main Tacoma Community College campus.
Bridge Program courses are offered in the evening and taught on site at The Evergreen State College - Tacoma campus, which is located at 1210 South Sixth Avenue. For more information, call the The Evergreen State College at 253.680.3000 or the Tacoma Community College Bridge Program staff at 253.566-5159.
Learn More About the Bridge Program:
Enrollment Steps for New or Returning Students
- Bring transcripts from other colleges or universities, or
- Pay the assessment fee ($18) online or at the Cashier’s office Bldg. 14, TCC Main Campus
- Bring receipt and picture ID to the Assessment Office in Bldg. 7
- NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION, ADVISING, REGISTRATION
- Sign-up for New Student Orientation, Advising & Registration online or at the Advising and Counseling Center in Bldg. 7, TCC main campus
- Bring your assessment scores and transcripts from other schools
- In preparation for advising and registration, please review Bridge Program requirements
- Pay tuition and fees at the Cashier’s office in Bldg. 14
- Get your student identification card and parking sticker in Bldg. 14 – Security
- Purchase your books at the Bookstore – Bldg. 11
Please Note: If you completed course work at other colleges or universities, you may be able to waive placement testing or use previous coursework to satisfy program requirements. You must submit official copies of transcripts to the TCC Enrollment Services office for evaluation. To waive placement you will need to provide transcripts, official or unofficial, for review by assessment staff at the Assessment office in Bldg.7
Contact: Tacoma Community College – 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466
Valerie Robertson, Bridge Administrator – (253) 566-5159 or Email: Valerie Robertson