Upcoming Events & Funding Opportunities
- LIVESTREAM: Northwest Energy Policy and the Columbia River at Portland State University
The course will take place on Monday evenings from 6:40-9:40 pm. It starts this coming Monday evening, January 8, but that session is primarily for graduate students. Since there is no class on January 15 (MLK day), the session of particular relevance to energy professionals is January 22.
This course will be taught at one of Portland State University’s Distance Learning Center classrooms so course participants living anywhere in the Northwest can participate by streaming the class sessions live or by viewing archived sessions at their convenience. NWEC members are particularly encouraged to consider joining us.
- Washington & Oregon Higher Education Sustainability Conference (WOHESC 2018)
February 6-8 -- Portland State University
WOHESC is a platform for empowering and inspiring change-making, facilitating action, and for sharing, networking, and collaboration related to sustainability within the region's higher education institutions. Through facilitated conversation, workshops, presentations and networking opportunities, participants will play a role in advancing environmental performance at Washington and Oregon State institutions of higher education, support regional policy goals and initiatives, and drive the development of a generation of professionals for whom sustainability is a core tenant of their work and life philosophy.
- Fifteenth International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability
Proposals due February 17 for the Jan 2019 Conference in Vancouver, BC
The conference will feature research addressing the following themes-- environmental sustainability, sustainability in policy and practice, sustainability in education, and sustainability in economic, social and cultural contexts... "Interdisciplinary perspectives on sustainability, where environmental, cultural, economic, and social concerns intersect".
- WA Public Works Board's Free Infrastructure Trainings in 2018
February 7 -- Camus
March 7 -- Port Angeles
April 11 -- Moses Lake
May 16 -- Walla Walla
This free training is geared toward public works staff, elected officials, water and wastewater operators and anyone who manages assets, sets rates, manages projects or is seeking resources to fund future infrastructure projects. Staff from multiple state and federal funding programs will be available to explore your community’s infrastructure needs. Find more info and register here!
Past Presentations & Events
- Special Events
- Other Presentations
- Infrastructure Assistance Coordinating Council Conference 2017 - October 24-26, 2017
CSI Director Rhys Roth hosted the Asset Management in Action panel, featuring presentations from Jay Krauss of Sammish Plateau Water and Jeff Clarke of Alderwood Water and Wastewater District
- CSI's 2nd Annual South Sound Fundraiser Reception - October 18, 2017
This event featured a bipartisan group of speakers who attended CSI's 2017 Scandinavia Delegation of WA officials.We brought together more than 80 of our supporters at the Heritage Room in Downtown Olympia for refreshments, appetizers, and an inspiring set of presentations discussing how we can build on CSI's recent progress. Read more about it in our November newsletter or make a contribution here!
- Seattle Public Utilities - July 18, 2017
This idea exchange session between SPU and CSI Director, Rhys Roth focused on innovative partnerships and increasing long-term community value of investments in drainage and wastewater infrastructure.
- CSI's A Northwest Vision for 2040 Water Infrastructure Webinar (pdf) - June 8, 2017
- Floodplains by Design Worksop - June 2, 2017
- Sammamish Plateau Water Board of Commissioners meeting - June 5, 2017
- Urban Land Institute Spring Meeting - May 2, 2017
- American Public Works Association Conference (WA) - April 27, 2017
Imagination to Innovation
- American Water Resources Association - April 25, 2017
A Northwest Vision for 2040 Water Infrastructure
- CSI's First South Sound Fundraiser Reception - December 7th, 2016
This was the Center's very first fundraising event in Olympia. We brought together over 80 community and business leaders, conservationists, and sustainability innovators. Follow the above link to view photos. And if you missed it, you can still donate right here!
- Northwest Energy Efficiency Leadership Forum – October 17, 2016
- Solar Washington Summit - October 14-15th 2016: Rhys delivered keynote address
- Solar Washington's Distributed System Collaborative - July 12th, 2016: spoke to a group made up of utilities, energy policy officials, solar installers, equipment manufacturers and environmental groups.
- Pacific Northwest Utilities Coordinating Council - July 8th, 2016: spoke to board of directors.
- CSI presents Hillary Brown, Next Generation Infrastructure - April 4th and 5th, 2016
- Intel - Sustainability Speaker Leaders Series - March 30, 2016 in Hillsboro, OR and live broadcast to multiple sites (photo)
- Washington State Transportation Commission - December 9, 2015
- Washington Association of County Leaders - November 2015 Conference in Skamania County, WA – 80 county leaders
- Washington Association of Sewer and Water Districts - Spring 2015 conference in Yakima (Keynote) - 150 managers and directors
- Infrastructure Assistance Coordinating Council - State conference in Wenatchee (Opening Speaker 2014, breakout session 2015) - 350 smaller town officials
- PNW Utilities Coordinating Council in Portland - 70 electric industry utility execs.
- National G&T Managers Association Spring 2015 Conference in Savannah, GA - 125 rural electric co-op CEOs/senior execs nationwide
- American Water Resources Association-WA state conference in Seattle – 150 water professionals
- University of Washington -- Master of Infrastructure and Planning Management program - (Graduation Speaker)
- Urban Lands Institute and Oregon Metro - ‘Infrastructure Crisis, Sustainable Solutions’ event in Portland – 120 people
- Sustainable Path Foundation - Climate Change Seminar at Town Hall in Seattle - 100+ people
- CDFA Washington Financing Roundtable Conference – 60 development finance professional