Get More Information:
Credit from the CIMAS program is directly transferrable to the Washington State four-year public universities including:
- The University of Washington
- The Evergreen State College
- Western Washington University
- Central Washington University
- Eastern Washington University
- Washington State University
Most universities award 15 credits per quarter. Upon successful completion of the program and review by departmental advisors, credit often satisfies major/minor and internship requirements.
- www.ecuador.org/ Very general information about Ecuador
- lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/ectoc.html Online version of Ecuador: A Country Study, part of a series of US government publications on different countries which used to be called Area Handbooks
- http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1106.html Ecuador - Consular Information Sheets
- www.lonelyplanet.com.au/dest/sam/ecu.htm Lonely Planet guidebook series
- www.cdc.gov/travel Centers for Disease Control travel information by country
- http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html US State Department Travel Advisories and Consular Information Sheets, including Ecuador page
- http://www.memory.loc.gov/hlas Online version of the Handbook of Latin American Studies, maintained by the Library of Congress. This is the most important bibliographic source for scholarship on Latin America. A gold mine for advance work on research projects
- http://www.indiana.edu/%7Eoverseas/lesbigay/ Travel/study abroad information and links for gay and lesbian students; click on "links."
- http://www.hoy.com.ec/ HOY is Ecuador's version of USA Today.
- www.teleamazonas.com Teleamazonas is an on-line Ecuadorian news service
- www.interknowledge.com/ecuador/ecuad01.htm Exploring Ecuador homepage
- http://www.saexplorers.org/club/home South American Explorers Club. Excellent links to sites with information about Ecuador. You can also join the Club by contacting them either through their web site or their addresses given on that site.