The Student Employment Office
Our mission is to help Evergreen students: (1) find flexible part time work to defray educational costs, (2) find work opportunities that support their educational and career goals, and (3) equitably and appropriately manage the College's Work Study funds.
We provide resources and support for students looking for employment: on-campus, off-campus, part-time, temporary, seasonal, work-study, and non-work-study. The Student Employment Office is also eager to develop relationships with employers who are looking for talented interns, part-time, temporary, and seasonal employees.
- Continue to develop and make available job opportunities for current students by creating and cultivating both on- and off-campus community connections.
- Create easier and faster ways for students to access on- and off-campus job opportunities with tools such as CODA.
- Develop and continually refine methods in which to manage work study funds that will afford the maximum use of work-study awards.
- Improve seminars and workshops for supervisors on the management of student employees and their professional development.
- Create and update supervision and procedures guidelines for all on-campus supervisors and work-study students.
- Clarify and publish guidelines regarding student employees’ rights and responsibilities.
- Work along with the CARE Network to provide resources for individuals seeking conflict resolution and participate as mediator when requested.
- Continue to ensure that current and accurate payroll information is entered into Banner HR so that students are paid correctly and in a timely manner.
- Develop ways to further assist students on the Tacoma campus in finding work-study or student employment positions.
- Increase visibility and awareness of SEO’s services and mission.