Our Mission Statement
Student Affairs Mission
The Student Affairs division of The Evergreen State College supports the institution's mission by providing programs and services that assist students in achieving important learning outcomes. We do so by:
- Helping students to become critical thinkers who are aware of what they know, how they learn and how to apply what they know. We support students as they learn to work in an environment that is collaborative and interdisciplinary.
- Providing efficient student-centered delivery of services.
- Creating and maintaining a secure campus environment which offers a rich array of intellectual, cultural, social and recreational activities.
- Encouraging healthy behaviors and the development of interpersonal skills.
- Increasing student appreciation for human diversity including consideration of ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, nation of origin, economic and social background.
- Promoting responsible citizenship within the Evergreen community and in our global society.
- Serving as an advocate for student needs and concerns and helping ensure that students have input into decisions that directly affect their lives. In addition, we share our knowledge of students gained through contacts, research and assessment.