United Faculty of Evergreen Solidarity Scholarship
Amount: $550; 12 awarded
Due Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to currently enrolled students attending full time with junior or senior standing. This scholarship was established to offer financial support to students who are residents of Washington and who demonstrate financial need arising from the 2009 tuition increase. In solidarity with students completing their degree programs at Evergreen, a number of members of the faculty volunteered to dedicate a portion of their 1% 2008 salary increase, bargained through United Faculty of Evergreen, to support students who might otherwise be unable to complete their Evergreen education.
In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- African American
- Native American
- DREAMers (undocumented immigrant whose 1st language is not English)
- A first generation student, e.g., a student whose parents did not graduate from a 4 year college or university
- Letter of application explaining how your Evergreen education has prepared
you for service to the greater community and/or for union service.
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set out above.
- FAFSA OR WASFA (see How to Apply #4).