Roberto Clemente Memorial Scholarship
Due Date: February 1
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to a new or currently enrolled student attending full time who is pursuing a career in Puerto Rican or Central American studies. Applicants should have proficiency in conversational Spanish. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of a demonstrable commitment to public service, scholastic achievement and financial need. Other things being equal, preference will be given to students of Latin American and Puerto Rican heritage who will be the first of their family to graduate from a four-year college and to students intending to study abroad in Central America or Puerto Rico.
- Letter of application addressing your qualifications and why you wish to be considered for the scholarship. Your letter should include a description of your academic achievements, public service experience and a description of how your academic plan will help you achieve your goal of pursuing Puerto Rican or Central American studies. Include a statement related to your financial need.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals, other than relatives, who are familiar with your achievements.
- New Students must submit unofficial transcripts from high school and/or previous colleges (see How to Apply #3a and b). These are in addition to transcripts submitted for admission.
- Current Evergreen students must submit copies of Evergreen evaluations (see How to Apply #3c) or letters from program faculty specifically addressing academic achievement. The letters from faculty will not substitute for letters of recommendation if used to replace evaluations.
- FAFSA or WASFA (How to Apply #4).