Ann Gavell Scholarship
Amount: $1,683; 2 awarded
Due Date: February 1
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to a new or currently enrolled student with at least sophomore standing attending full time who is focusing on economics or political economy. This scholarship is intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college and who demonstrate financial need. In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- A first generation student, e.g., a student whose parents did not graduate from a 4 year college or university
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete his or her degree
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- Describe your interest in economics and/or political economy.
- Why are you interested in this field of study?
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish Evergreen?
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set out above.
- Two letters of recommendation supporting your application.
- FAFSA or WASFA (see How to Apply #4).