Microsoft Alumni Scholarship
Amount: $2,027; 2 awarded
Due Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Important Information: this is a tuition award. Tuition Awards listed are a waiver of a student’s tuition. A recipient of a tuition award cannot receive funding in excess of the cost of full-time undergraduate tuition. In addition, a recipient of a tuition award cannot use the funding for any of the study abroad consortium agreements.
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to a new or currently enrolled student with sophomore, junior or senior standing attending full time, who has demonstrated the goal of applying technology (use of computers, computer software, electronic communications or digital media) to a discipline of study through past individual or academic projects. Applicants need not come from exclusively computer science backgrounds. All disciplines are encouraged to apply. Financial need must be demonstrated.
- Letter of application addressing your qualifications that includes a proposal for the project you hope to pursue. The proposal should explain how you will incorporate computing into your discipline. Proposals will be evaluated for clarity and thoroughness, how realistic and attainable the goal is, creativity (e.g., is this new work that will stretch current thinking?) and utility within and outside of academics. Include a statement related to your financial need.
- A portfolio containing examples of past work.
- Two letters of recommendation written within the past year.
- Transcripts from Evergreen or each college previously attended (see How to Apply #3).
- FAFSA or WASFA (see How to Apply #4).