Registration & Records

Veterans Resource Center

Our Veterans Resource Center has a permanent Veterans Coordinator and a helpful staff of peer counselors who are attending school and receiving VA benefits.

Attention all Non-Matriculated Students

Those of you who have not gone through the college’s matriculation process, (have not applied for admission):

You may only receive veterans benefits for two quarters as a special student, that is, you must be admitted by the third quarter for us to be able to certify you with the VA.

Student Verification Of Attendance (SVA)
If you are attending and receiving VA benefits, you will need to complete one SVA each quarter. You must submit your SVA to us no later than the end of the seventh week of each quarter.

Be sure that your e-mail address is up to date and if there is any change notify us. The SVA e-mail notification will be sent out during the fifth week and you must return it to us by the end of the seventh week.

If you have any problems returning the form, contact us at (360) 867-6254, or email the Veterans Resource Center before the due date. 

Attention all Evergreen Students who might be re-called and/or put on temporary duty assignment due to our current global events!

If you have been called back to active duty, or if you are a civil service servant who will not be able attend college because of a temporary duty assignment, please contact the Office of Veterans Affairs so they may take the necessary steps to take care of your VA benefits and enrollment issues. Please bring, fax or mail a copy of your orders.

New education benefit for Activated Reservists

H.R 4200 authorizing the creation of a new education benefit was signed into law on October 28, 2004. The new benefit, Chapter 1607, makes certain individuals who were activated after September 11, 2001 either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits. The Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and VA are working on an implementation plan for this new benefit. REAP payments are currently being processed but there is a large backlog. Please be patient as we work through the backlog to issue payments

The Evergreen State College is affiliated with The National Association of Veterans Programs Administrators (NAVPA).

To contact us, please write or call:

Veterans Resource Center
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, WA 98505
(360) 867-6254

Veterans and Dependents Tuition Waiver

The Evergreen State College has a limited amount of funds to support veterans and their dependents:

Veteran Tuition Waiver
Dependent Tuition Waiver

Only Washington State residents are eligible for this waiver.

The Evergreen State College Honors Military Credit

Academic credit for military training and course work may be obtained by application through the Admissions Office. They will need a certified copy of your DD-214, and may request certificates of completion for particular courses in order to evaluate your eligibility for college credits.

Take advantage of this opportunity! It may allow you to graduate sooner than you might otherwise expect.