The Greener Organization (GO) is a leadership organization comprised entirely of students on campus at Evergreen. The mission of the GO is to enhance residential life through programming, services, and support for students.
When we meet:
The GO meets every Wednesday at 4pm in the Student Leadership Office located on the second floor of A building!
What we do:
We act as the hall government as well as the Student Activities Board for residential students. Our main purpose is to serve residents by determining which activities will best benefit our diverse population and how those activities will be structured. We also manage the Free Store! We work closely with RAs and NRHH to provide tons of social opportunities every year ranging from ice cream socials to full-out freshman orientation programs. The GO participates in regional and national NACURH conferences. The goal is to share and learn from other hall governments.
Who we are:
The GO is a representative governing body (meaning there is one rep for each "area" plus five officers) who meet every week to work on programs, service projects and policies for RAD. Each officer holds 5 open hours per week in the GO office. See resources below for contact information:
|Vice President:||Tyler "Blake" Bruce
|CC:||Margaret "Mars" Bell
|Social Justice & Sustainabilty Coordinator:||Available
|Res Hall Rep:||Available
How to get involved:
- The GO mural project sponsors student artwork in the residence halls.
- Attend a GO meeting! They are every Wednesday at 4 pm in the Student Leadership Office located on the second floor of A building.
- Ask to represent your building during GO meetings.
- Request money from the GO for your event.
- Attend one of our programs.
- Help out with a program- any GO member can find ways to involve you in program planning/ coordination.
- Tell your Officers/ Directors what you would like to see happen on campus. You can find a Director in the Student Leadership Office during office hours, which are posted in the window.
Interested in joining the GO as a paid Director?? The GO will have several positions open in fall of 2013. For more information email Advisor DJ Walch at email@example.com.
The GO Director General Job Description is Available Here.
To join or propose an event to the GO, stop by A-205 during office hours. Our hours are posted on the door. Email us if you have any questions: GO@evergreen.edu!
The Greener Organization is affiliated with PACURH and NACURH in order to keep current with best practices and share all of the amazing work Evergreen does with the rest of the nation. Check out the NACURH website for more information.
Click here to view our governing documents as well as downloadable PDFs of our weekly meeting minutes and proposal forms.
...Or just friend us on facebook!