How Housing Assignments are Made
- Most First Year Housing units are assigned by gender. For 2013-14 we are piloting a few mixed gender areas where students will have a private locking bedroom and share single occupancy locking bathroom and shower with students of mixed gender.
- Mixed gender units are available in the apartments for returning residents who choose mixed gender. A limited number of mixed gender spaces are available for transfer students. Mixed gender units all have private bedrooms and share a locking bathroom.
- Non-students are not eligible for housing without prior approval.
- The self assignment system is similar to those used for purchasing airline seats or concert tickets. This system was designed and implemented by our ResTech student staff.
- Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Keep clicking until you see a green spaces, clicking on a green space will reserve it for you.
- A $45 one time application fee is required to use our system.
- Students log on to our system and view maps and floorplans of rooms available to them. A student's age and gender, and the gender of currently assigned residents is taken into account when showing available rooms (i.e. rooms available for an 18 year old male freshman will not match those for a 21 year old male transfer student which in turn will differ from those for a 21 year old female transfer student).
- First Year Students can only self assign into First Year Housing.
- Returning residents and transfer students who will be over 21 at any time during the school year cannot select spaces in First Year Housing.
- Current residents returning for the following year are given a few weeks to select spaces in Apartment Style Housing before new residents.
- A $250 non-refundable confirmation payment is due within 24 hours of reserving a room. Reservations will be cancelled if no deposit is made within 24 hours, and the room will be returned to the self assign pool.
- Students may hold roommate spaces and invite friends to self assign into these spaces within 24 hours.
- Deposits are made using Evergreen's Web Payment system. Web Payment is also used for Evergreen tuition and fees and accepts most major credit cards with a convenience fee. Electronic checks do not incur a fee. We suggest all Evergreen students configure a payment method in the Saved Accounts section of Web Payment as soon as possible.