The Evergreen State College has been accredited continuously by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities since receiving initial accreditation in 1974. The Commission most recently reaffirmed Evergreen's accreditation in 2014.
2018 Evergreen Year Seven Report
- Evergreen Year Seven Report (PDF)
2013 Evergreen Year Three Report
- Evergreen Year Three Report (PDF)
- Year Three Peer Evaluation Report (PDF)
- 2013 NWCCU Reaffirmation of Accreditation Letter (PDF)
2011 Evergreen Year One Report
- Evergreen Year One Report (PDF)
- Year One Peer Evaluation Report (PDF)
- 2012 NWCCU Reaffirmation of Accreditation Letter (PDF)
2008 Full-Scale Re-accreditation
- Evergreen Full-Scale Self-Study
- NWCCU Evaluation Committee report (PDF)
- 2009 NWCCU Reaffirmation of Accreditation Letter (PDF)
- 2010 Evergreen Progress Report (PDF)
2003 Interim Accreditation Report and Response
The Evergreen State College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, 8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 100, Redmond, WA 98052, (425) 558-4224.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.