SmartHealth Wellness Incentive Program - Complete your Health Assesment by June 30th!
Employees may qualify in 2014 for a wellness incentive in 2015. In addition to attesting to the surcharges in the spring, beginning April 1 through June 30*, employees may also attest to three wellness activities that could potentially reduce their annual deductible for employees enrolled in a classic or value plan, or a one-time deposit into their HSA for employees enrolled in a CDHP. The amount of the incentive is subject to the approval of legislative funding.
To earn the wellness incentive in 2015, employees will be asked to attest to (1) completing the Health Assessment offered through their plan, (2) select a primary care provider, and (3) attest that they will begin a wellness activity in the 2014 calendar year. The activities include:
- Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) for employees who are pre-diabetic
- Diabetes Control Program (DCP) for employees who have diabetes
- Smoking cessation program for employees who use tobacco products
- Weight management program either through their health plan or another program not covered by their health plan, such as Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig
- Physical activity – 90 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity per week for at least 10 weeks, such as walking, running or other aerobic activity
- Healthy food selection – eat 6 or more fruit and vegetable servings per day for at least 10 consecutive weeks
- Work with their primary care physician to get all recommended preventive care, such as immunizations and screenings.
*Or, within 60 days after the effective date of their PEBB medical, but not later than December 31.
Create an online account with your insurance plan
Completing your Health Assessment and selecting a primary care provider can be done online for Group Health Cooperative and Uniform Medical Plan by creating an online account.
Group Health online accounts can be created here www.ghc.org/pebb.
Uniform Medical Plan online accounts can be created here www.myregence.com.
Create Your PEBB My Account
Employees will need to register as a new user on PEBB's My Account at www.hca.wa.gov/pebb. PEBB will provide alternatives for employees who don't have internet access. My Account Handout from HCA (PDF).
Surcharge Open Enrollment Ended May 15th! Employees were asked to attest to the tobacco use and spousal surcharges during a surcharge open enrollment period from April 1 through May 15. If the employee failed to attest during the open enrollment period, the employee will incur the tobacco surcharge of $25 per month and will also incur the spousal surcharge of $50 per month if the employee has a spouse or domestic partner enrolled on their account beginning July 1, 2014. Please contact the Payroll and Benefits office if you have questions about your attestations.
- Tobacco Surcharge – Tobacco use means any use of tobacco products within the last two months. However, this does not include tobacco use for religious or ceremonial purposes. Tobacco products includes any product made with or derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption, including any component, part or accessory of a tobacco product. This includes, but is not limited to, cigars, cigarettes, chewing tobacco, snuff and other tobacco products. It does not include FDA approved quit aids or e-cigarettes at this time.
- Spouse Surcharge – To help employees determine the actuarial value of their spouse or domestic partner’s health plan, a calculator will be provided on the PEBB website. The employee will need the Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) for the spouse or partner’s offered employer-sponsored health plan(s) to determine the actuarial value of the health plan with the calculator.