New Employee Guide
Get your Evergreen career started right.
Before Your First Day
You should also review the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement, if applicable.
- Affirmative Action
- Air Quality
- Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace
- Appropriate Use of Information Technology
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace
- Educational Benefits
- Exempt Evaluation
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Policy Statement
- Hazard Communication Sheet “Right to Know”
- Non-Discrimination Policy and Procedure
- Outside Employment
- Overtime and Compensatory Time - Non-Represented Exempt Staff
- Reasonable Accommodation in Employment
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct
- Social Contract
- Substance Abuse and Prevention Policy
- Suspended Operations and Closure: Authority, Protocol, Leave Reporting and Pay
- Whistleblower - State Auditor’s Office
- Workplace Violence
Your First Day
Be sure to bring photo ID and any necessary documents for completing the I-9.
First, meet with your new supervisor! They'll help you through all the steps of getting started as a new Evergreen employee. Download a checklist (PDF).
You'll need to visit the following offices:
Human Resource Services
- Bring a printed copy of the USCIS I-9 form with Section 1 completed. You will also need acceptable documents for us to complete Section 2. A list of acceptable documents is included with the Form I-9 instructions.
- Schedule a new employee orientation.
If you've worked for another state agency within the last five years, you can request that your sick leave be transferred. Ask us how.
Payroll and Benefits
Learn more about Payroll and Benefits, including medical and dental insurance and retirement benefits, and review the pay dates.
- Turn in your W-4 form.
- Schedule a benefits orientation.
Registration and Records
- Get your staff ID.
- Get your parking pass. See the Parking Services site for rates and details.
- Get a Star Pass sticker to ride Intercity Transit buses for free. You'll need your staff ID.
- Turn in a signed Key Authorization Form to get any keys you may need. You'll need your staff ID.
- Get your network account set up. (You'll need photo ID.) If you don't have an account yet, use the request account form.
Get Set Up with my.evergreen.edu
Once your network account is set up, you'll be able to log into my.evergreen.edu.
The first time you log in, you'll need to acknowledge that you've reviewed the required policies and procedures listed above.
- Go to "Profile" to make sure your name and address are correct. You can also add or edit an emergency contact.
- Under the Employee section, go to Pay History and Information to set up direct deposit.
- Under the Community section, go to Emergency Campus Notifications to sign up for text alerts. You‘ll always be notified when campus is closed.
You can also use my.evergreen.edu to certify your work time, manage leave requests, or view your pay history.