New Housing Information
Evergreen plans to replace its four current first year residence halls (A–D) with new first year housing to open in September 2019.
- February 2017 - September 2017: Design Phase
- September 2017 - March 2018: Permits, Blueprints, Documents, and Bidding Phase
- April 2018 - July 2019: Construction Phase
- September 2019: New Students Move in
2015-16 Decisions Made
- Current first year halls needed to be replaced, it is cost prohibitive and structurally difficult to renovate them.
- New first year housing will be traditional hallways with single/double rooms and shared restrooms- no suites.
- New first year housing will have wide hallways and more open spaces than current buildings.
- The total budget for the new first year halls is approximately $40 million, primarily paid for with bonds and RAD funds, not state funds.
- Board of Trustees approved the first phase of building in July 2016. (Replacing buildings A-D, to create new first year housing to open fall 2019.)
- Increase first year residence halls occupancy from current buildings A-D capacity of 450 to 480 residents in new building(s).