- Use the nearest exit. Do not use elevator.
- Move quickly, remain calm.
- Take personal items (keys, purse, wallet, coat, shoes)
- Secure any hazardous materials.
- Close door when you exit.
- Go to evacuation assembly point designated by evacuation plan.
- Check in with officials, report any injuries, casualties, and hazardous conditions.
- Do not leave campus until determined that roads and bridges are safe.
- Do not re-enter buildings until advised by safety personnel.
- Check in with officials before leaving.
- Activate the nearest fire alarm.
- Evacuate the building following evacuation plan.
- Call 9-1-1
- If trapped in building, stay near floor to avoid toxic fumes, try to signal emergency personnel.
- Activate the nearest fire alarm, call 9-1-1.
- Close windows, do not evacuate building unless safe to do so.
- If building is on fire, follow evacuation procedures.
- If indoors, stay calm, don’t rush for the door.
- Drop, Cover, Hold under a table or desk - not in a doorway – turn away from windows.
- Protect your head and neck with your arms, close your eyes.
- Keep away from objects that might fall.
- After the shaking stops, check yourself and others for injuries and move toward the nearest exit. Remember that aftershock can occur at anytime.
- If outdoors, move to clear area away from trees, poles, buildings, wires.
- Turn off and unplug computers and other voltage sensitive equipment.
- For information about a prolonged outage, dial 867-6000 opt 1 for campus status announcement, listen to radio KGY 1240 AM/96.9 FM.
- Do not physically confront the person.
- Do not let anyone into a locked building or office.
- Do not block the person’s access to an exit.
- Call 9-1-1. Provide as much information as possible about the person, direction of travel, etc.
- Do not touch or disturb object.
- Call 9-1-1.
- Notify your supervisor and/or the building coordinator.
- Be prepared to evacuate.
- Follow evacuation procedures.
Shooting IncidentIf shooter is outside building:Turn off lights
, lock windows and doors, close curtains.Get on floor
out of line of fire.Move
to a central area if safe
of uniformed police.If shooter is inside the building:If safe
to exit, flee
to give location.Do not
pull fire alarm.
If flight not possible, lock doors, get on floor, remain silent.Barricade
door with something heavy.Hide
behind something that stops bullets.If shooter comes into class/office:Call 9-1-1
if it is safe to do so.Hide
behind something that stops bullets.Fight
the shooter, rush with lots of people, throw things, use improvised weapons to take the shooter to the ground.If caught outside in the open:Hide
behind something that stops bullets. Wait for emergency personnel.Run
if safe, make a run for it, do not run in straight line.Fight
When police arrive, put your hands up to show that you are not a threat to them.