Undergraduate Scholars Program
If you want to get to know a little more about Evergreen before Orientation and meet new students, faculty and staff of color in a relaxed casual atmosphere, then this informative, two-credit program is for you!
As a new student you probably have a lot of questions about your new environment...
- Will I know anybody?
- What will my dorm room be like?
- What will seminar be like?
- Will I be able to get a campus job?
- Where can I go if I need help?
Do any of these sound familiar? We have designed a program to fit your needs and give you a jumpstart into the exciting world of Evergreen! We're here to answer questions and to ease your transition into our community.
Our program will enable you to:
- Meet other students who may have the same concerns, questions and interests that you do and have a little fun.
- Be personally introduced to essential offices and staff on campus such as Financial Aid, Career Development and Academic Advising.
- Learn more about Evergreen's teaching and learning philosophy.
- Get to know the campus and the surrounding community.
- Become familiar with a variety of resources on and off campus.
- Network with staff who can support and nurture your academic and personal growth.
"It gave me a real head start. I recommend this program to anyone who is a little apprehensive about moving to a new place with new people. First Peoples' orientation helped me to feel very welcome and comfortable when I first came to Evergreen. Everyone was so personable and caring, I met people who have become some of my best friends." - Miles Miller