Summer Registration & Fall RegistrationSummer 2015 MPA elective courses are part of the 2014-15 academic year and can be found via the MPA Course Information page. Summer is an optional quarter for MPA students, so we do not offer Core or concentration courses. We offer elective courses and, for continuing students, opportunities to work with available faculty on individual study and internship contracts.
Monday, June 22 is the first day of Summer Quarter 2015. Web registration for Summer 2015 for continuing admitted MPA students begins on Monday, May 18. Check your MyEvergreen account for your specific Time Ticket. For detailed Summer quarter information, including tuition and timelines, go to the Evergreen summer page.
Continuing MPA students may register for Summer quarter on the Web beginning Monday, May 18 at 8 am. Continuing MPA students may complete up to 12 credits per quarter without the MPA Director’s approval.
New students admitted to the MPA program for Fall 2015 and students not admitted to the college (“special students”) may register for Summer courses as Special Students beginning Tuesday, May 26. Register by mail, by fax 360.867.6680 or in person using the Special Student Summer Registration Form.pdf or by emailed PDF form. Note that course registration priority is generally given to continuing students. For info about summer statistics courses that meet the MPA prerequisite requirement, go to our statistics prerequisite guide.
Non-admitted students who have a bachelor’s degree are eligible to take MPA elective courses for graduate credit, as “graduate special students”. Register using the instructions and forms listed above for “special students”. If admitted to the MPA program, up to 12 Evergreen graduate elective credits taken as a graduate special student will count toward the MPA degree.
To obtain a course syllabus, contact the instructor at the contact information provided for the specific course in the MPA 2014-15 catalog. Some syllabi will be posted on the MPA course syllabus page.
For class locations, go to the “Class Schedule” page and click on “Summer Class Schedules”.
For more information about Summer quarter, go to Evergreen Summer 2015.
MPA Faculty Accepting Summer Contracts (Internship and Individual Learning Contracts)
This option is only open to continuing students who have completed one quarter of 1st year core (for individual learning contracts) or two quarters of 1st year core (for internship learning contracts). Contact faculty directly for more information: (Larry Geri, Amy Gould, Michael Lane, Sylvie McGee)
All summer Individual Learning and Internship Learning Contracts are due (submitted by the student and approved by sponsor and other approvals) to the MPA Director by the Friday of Week One of summer quarter, June 26.
Contract process info.
For course information, see the MPA 2015-16 Course Catalog.
Monday, September 28 is the first day of Fall Quarter 2015. Web registration for Fall 2015 for continuing admitted MPA students begins on Monday, May 18 (week 8 of Spring quarter). Check your MyEvergreen account for your specific Time Ticket.
Tuition for courses for which you are registered is due by the Friday at the end of the 1st week of the quarter: Friday, October 2 at 4pm. Registered students who do not pay for courses by this deadline will be charged a late payment fee of $50. In addition, after 30 days of nonpayment, interest charges will be added, at 1% per month.
From October 5-9 (week 2 of the quarter), late registration is permitted and requires instructor approval. Normally, a late registration fee of $50 is charged, but to maximize our enrollments by October 9 (the 10th day of the quarter, when course enrollments are counted for funding purposes) MPA staff will waive the $50 late registration fee (via email to Registration, by student request) through October 9. Registration Form.pdf Beginning October 12 (week 3), registration requires submission of a Registration Form with instructor approval, a petition to the Registrar and a $100 late fee. Form for petition for Registrar approval.pdf
- Continuing MPA students (in either the Public/Non-Profit Administration or Public Policy concentrations) register on the Web via their myEvergreen account by time ticket, beginning Monday, May 18. Continuing students who are currently in 1st year Core do need to register into fall 2nd year core course, "Analytical Techniques I" . Note that 8 credits is a full-time course load in MPA. MPA students may register for a maximum of 12 credits without the MPA Director's approval.
- Newly admitted PNAPP/General Cohort MPA students (in either the Public/Non-Profit Administration or Public Policy) who will begin coursework in Fall 2015 register on the web via their myEvergreen account by time ticket, beginning May 18. Note that 8 credits or more is a full-time course load in MPA, which would equal your 6 credit core course, "The Context of Public Administration (General Cohort)" + 2 elective credits (or more, as you wish). MPA students may register for a maximum of 12 credits without the MPA Director's approval.
- All Tribal Governance Cohort MPA students register on the web via their myEvergreen account by time ticket, beginning May 18. To meet the requirements of the Tribal Governance concentration, in Fall 2015 you will register for 10 credits (a full-time course load): your 6 credit core course "Analytical Techniques I (Tribal Cohort)" + the 4 credit concentration course "Tribal Economics." MPA students may register for a maximum of 12 credits without the MPA Director's approval.
Non-Admitted Graduate Students (community members with a bachelor's degree) and Undergraduate Students who have not been admitted to the MPA program may register for open MPA electives or be added to the wait list for full MPA electives beginning September 21, 2015, with instructor permission.
- To determine which courses are open, contact Jan Hays, MPA Program Assistant, beginning September 21 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 867-5939.
- At that time, for every course that has space available and is of interest to you, email a paragraph to the course instructor (and cc: Jan at email@example.com) asking them to give you permission to register if there is availability and describing the reasons why you are interested in that specific course and any pertinent information about your education or experience.
- If the instructor gives permission, send that information to Jan. She will check availability and contact the Registration office so you can register.
- If space is available:
- Current Evergreen Juniors and Seniors: print, complete and submit the Registration Form (PDF) to the Evergreen Registration Office. (Address fax registration "Attn: Elaine".)
- Non-Admitted Graduate Students (community members who have a bachelor's degree): print, complete and submit the Special Student Registration Form (PDF) to the Evergreen Registration Office. (Address fax registration "Attn: Elaine".) After receiving the permission information and registration form, Registration will email you to let you know whether you may register.
- If you are placed on the waitlist and if space becomes available through September 25, you will be moved into the course and will be able to register. Should space become available between September 28 and October 9, the MPA program will notify people who were on the old waitlist.