Unique Features of the MPA Program in Tacoma
- Our MPA program is one of the most affordable programs available with tuition and fees at two-thirds or less of the cost of our Northwest competitors.
- You can enroll full-time and complete the program in two years, or choose to attend part-time and get your MPA in as little as three years.
- MPA program features collaborative and interdisciplinary programs, narrative evaluations, and a focus on experiential learning.
A history of leadership in professional and academic fields for over 37 years.
- The Tacoma MPA program is geared toward mid-career working professionals who are seeking a graduate degree, to advance in the current fields, or to move into new fields.
- The MPA program is also open for pre-career students (recent graduates seeking professional degree before entering the workforce).
- Students in the MPA Program range in age from 22-70, have a variety of undergraduate majors, and work in a variety of different settings in Washington and beyond.
Entrance Requirements for Non-admitted students
Each quarter, students who have not been admitted to the MPA Program may register for open MPA electives or be added to the wait list for full MPA electives beginning one week before classes start.
Non-admitted students who already have a bachelor's degree may take MPA electives for graduate credit. If you decide to apply and are accepted into the MPA Program up to 12 credits total taken before the fall of admission will count toward your MPA.
For classes at the Evergreen Tacoma site, priority will be given to students living or working in Pierce County. Non-Admitted Graduate Students: print, complete and submit the Special Student Registration Form (PDF) to the Evergreen Registration Office. (Address fax registration “Attn: Elaine.”) After receiving the permission information and registration form, Registration will email you to let you know whether you may register.